V1 mount away from handlebars.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRMH Eagle

Reaction score
Before I order my cee bailey's flip screen I want to know the possibility of mounting my V1 on the mirror or saddlebag. I'd like to get a tinted screen and from talking to someone at V1 that this will, more than likely, decrease the detecting capabilities of the unit. Thus the plan to mount the V1 away from the windshield.

Has anyone mounted a detector above/below the mirror, saddlebag? Have pics you can share? What did you use to mount the unit?

These covers should help keep road grime and water off the unit:

https://www.spoiledbiker.com/product771.html

I haven't measured a before and after, but with my CB dark tint I still get laser hits. Just last week I kept getting pinged from what turned out to be about 1/2 mile out....and I know it was through the windshield.

As it was, I wasn't speeding significantly and think he was aiming for the car passing me on the left.

I haven't measured a before and after, but with my CB dark tint I still get laser hits. Just last week I kept getting pinged from what turned out to be about 1/2 mile out....and I know it was through the windshield.
As it was, I wasn't speeding significantly and think he was aiming for the car passing me on the left.
Sure, we all know you weren't speeding. None of us do. :rolleyes:

I've seen the pics of your dark shield and love the way it looks. The V1 is a vey sensitive unit and perhaps that helps pick up the slack from any tint. It would be nice to mount it on the mirror so I could hide it with my helmet, or on the saddle bag where I can hide it with my jacket.