V1 remote audio unit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodstock

Reaction score
Is there a little LED beside the volumne/on control on the V1 remote audio unit?

Is this LED supposed to light up when the knob is turned "on"?

I can't get any sound (the turn-on self-test beeps) from the remote audio, nor is there any indication that little remote unit is getting any power.

There's no LED on the V-1 remote audio unit. Depending on how you've run your wiring, you might try plugging the cord into the second jack. One jack is used if you run the units in series, and the other one is used if you run each unit using separate wires from the power unit (either the hard-wired or the cig lighter unit).

There's no LED on the V-1 remote audio unit. Depending on how you've run your wiring, you might try plugging the cord into the second jack. One jack is used if you run the units in series, and the other one is used if you run each unit using separate wires from the power unit (either the hard-wired or the cig lighter unit).
Yep, that was it. Damn.

If you want to just have the remote audio hidden away somewhere (not have the remote audio control the V1 unit), you plug the power into the power-OUT of the remote audio unit. Sheeze.

Since I'm running this into a mix it, and the V1 itself isn't hidden, I see no reason to have the remote audio unit mounted where I can get at it. Just adjust the volume correctly and put it under the seat.

=======================

And, of course, in typical fashion, it wasn't until I had all the wires run, before I realized that, yes, actually you do need (or at least want) to have the remote audio unit available to adjust, while riding. :(

So....Re-run all the wires, re-mount the audio-unit... :angry:

Fortunately it fits on the inside of panel A (the left front black panel where the glove box is).

Now, button 'er all up, and go find a cop... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator: