Valentine V1 radar box for $6.00

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Found this box at Radio Shack the other day. Cost $6. bucks so I thought I would see if this would enclose my V1 and keep the rain off it. I put a box like this one on my brothers BMW (Build Motorcycles Weird). The difference is the one you buy for a crazy price of $59.00 plus shipping. I am not finished with it yet, but the V1 fits great in there. I cut the back side out so I can see the band and the "ARROWS" on th V1. I am going to use some black RTV and seal a small piece of lexan over the hole. Heres what I have so far, Smitty :rolleyes:

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

Found this box at Radio Shack the other day. Cost $6. bucks so I thought I would see if this would enclose my V1 and keep the rain off it. I put a box like this one on my brothers BMW (Build Motorcycles Weird). The difference is the one you buy for a crazy price of $59.00 plus shipping. I am not finished with it yet, but the V1 fits great in there. I cut the back side out so I can see the band and the "ARROWS" on th V1. I am going to use some black RTV and seal a small piece of lexan over the hole. Heres what I have so far, Smitty :rolleyes:
IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg
Great job! Keep us informed. I wonder about the back being "open", tho. Moisture? Anyway, looks great.

BAGGER

be it ever so humble....

I just put a baggie and twist tie over mine.

uh..my V1 that is.

...an' when I wanna be sneakie, I put a black trash bag over it.....it looks bigger that way too!

Great job! Keep us informed. I wonder about the back being "open", tho. Moisture? Anyway, looks great.
BAGGER

Never plan on leaving the back open... But here is what I did with a piece of lexan. My buddy FJRocket informed me I need to do the front also for Laser protection... I will cut the front out and do the same... Heres a pic... Smitty :rolleyes:

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice.

What kind of mount are you using for the box?

BAGGER