Value of used Yamaha OEM saddlebags?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad German

Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently purchased a new set of OEM saddlebags for my 2008 FJR because I was bacon issues with one of them. (Why not start life out w/ new stuff when you can, right?!)

The right bag is in great shape, just some wear marks on it from the previous owner. No crash damage, just rub marks. I'll have pics to show this. The left bag isn't as nice. It's been a victim of surgery in my attempt to get the latch working. However, the cover (lid) is in great shape, like the right side, just a few run marks.

My questions are, what should I ask for these? I'll check around and see what I can find, but I'd like some honest input. I don't want to gouge anyone who needs a bag, nor do I want to give them away. (I'd like to recoup some of the new bags cost).

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

I'll check around and see what I can find, but I'd like some honest input. I don't want to gouge anyone who needs a bag, nor do I want to give them away. (I'd like to recoup some of the new bags cost).
Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
Why don't you review the For Sale threads on this forum for yourself? A variety have been sold...including ones I sold the past 6 months. Prices are listed and even some pictures. You just have to the teensiest bit of work. ;)

I must have missed them in the Classifieds. I thought I looked. I'll have to take another look and see what I can find. Thx

Find some FJ-09 forums/riders. See what they will offer you?

FJR bags fit and '09 bags have been on back order since spring.

FWIW (as my sale is not reflected on this forum) - my perfectly re-painted and repaired (by a forum member) bag sold for $200 + shipping.

As above, it takes only a few moments to look thru the For Sale postings.

-Steve