Vendor of security screws?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorgod

And now..let me introduce the one and only....MOTO
Reaction score
Does anyone have a vendor or access to any 'security screws/bolts'? I have seen some bolts that are 'keyed' that offer better security than a torx with a pin in the middle. All of the on-line vendors will only sell to a store. I want to use the bolt to replace the wing bolt on a Ram mount to make it more difficult to steal my GPS that is on a tourtech locking mount. Any suggestions?

Googled under "security fasteners" and hit the gold mine. The problem isn't availability, it's quantity. Don't know if you're gonna find much in the way of one or two, unless you have an Ace hardware like the one near me that seems to have damn near everything.

motorgod-

RAM makes a type of wingnut that requires a key to loosen. Sounds like that would work well for your application.

I'll see if I can find a link to it.

motorgod-
RAM makes a type of wingnut that requires a key to loosen.  Sounds like that would work well for your application.

I'll see if I can find a link to it.
That would be puuurfect :clap:

I'll also try to search for something...feel free to find it first....

Found it.

This is what I was thinking of. Hope that is what you need for your application.

RAM locking knob

ramknob3l.jpg

ramknob3liu.jpg

Thanks to each and everyone of you....my children thank you, my chilren's children (which I don't have) thank you.....actually my wallet thanks you....

Does anyone have a vendor or access to any 'security screws/bolts'? I have seen some bolts that are 'keyed' that offer better security than a torx with a pin in the middle. All of the on-line vendors will only sell to a store. I want to use the bolt to replace the wing bolt on a Ram mount to make it more difficult to steal my GPS that is on a tourtech locking mount. Any suggestions?
FWIW: I think the mount you are using is attracting more thieves than the GPS itself...I want one cuz I'm in a very low crime area. I'm using a stem mount with a 2610 plastic holder and it is OK. If I park somewhere "unsafe" my GPS and Radar go in the mini tank bag and either in the hard bag or inside with me. Actually if I plan on going into an "unsafe" area I just take the truck.