Vent Max 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying junior

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience or know anything at all about the Vanson Vent Max 3 jacket? i saw one at a store the other day and would have bought it if it had been in my size. It's the most ventilated-looking jacket I've ever seen, yet it's got all the armor. Looks like it would be ideal for these hot days in California's interior valleys. You could read a newspaper through it, I believe.

Besides the jacket itself, does anyone have experience with any vanson products? Does their stuff stand up? Is the company reliable? How about ordering directly from them?

Vanson makes high quality stuff. I have a VX3 perforated armored shirt and I wear it all summer, plus I stick a wind breaker under it and wear it in fall and spring some too. I also have an excellent leather jacket, and a pair of textile armored pants from them.

They do have two product lines. Much of their stuff is made right at the headquarters in Fall River, MA. They also have a less expensive line made somewhere in central or south America if I remember right. My stuff was all made in Fall River, so I don't have personal experience with the offshore line.

Vanson is very conscientious about customer service and quality. If you ever get to Fall River, its worth a stop to check out their close out rack. If you're lucky enough, you might get something that fits you at a significant discount.

You can check out their web site at https://www.vansonleathers.com.

Its awful hard to beat the VX3 for hot weather protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've never owned leathers, but i don't think you can go wrong with any of the vanson products, i've always known them to be topnotch.

dean

cincinnati

I have a vent max 3. I flows tons of air and is about the coolest jacket you can find and still have some protection, including armor. The mesh is all cordura, so it will stand up better than the polyester in lots of other mesh jackets. The only thing I'd like changed is ability to zip to your riding pants. The price is also reasonable for a good piece of gear.

I own a couple of Vanson leather jackets also. Their stuff is built very well. you can't go wrong.