Very happy with the Ohlins suspension!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocDanDC

Reaction score
Just thought I would pass my info on to everyone.

I'm very happy with the Ohlins 46PRCS rear shock installed recently on my FJR! The ride is great, easy to adjust and tune, amazing ride! Ohlins was able to send out the shock with a 1.0 spring for no added charge. This stronger spring matched my weight as good as possible at 275lbs. I found out that the stock spring was a 0.8 strength.

I also bought the matching 1.0 Ohlins front springs, RaceTech's Gold series compression and rebound kits, and new seals installed by RaceTech, in Corona, CA. They work perfect! The guys at RaceTech were good at helping setup the bike with me on it. I even went back a second time for help with finetuning.

On some of the other Forums, i've heard that some people have changed out the springs only to get a "Clicking sound as the shock compresses". I do not have this problem with this setup! The Ohlins springs work great.

I also have just installed the new "U" shaped Superbrace. The install was easy after I cut the stock shock protectors off. The bike is very solid and no more wallowing turns.

I'm Very happy.

Farkel list so far:

Power commander W/001map

Ohlins front and rear

RaceTech compression and rebound, Front

Superbrace, "U" shaped model

Garmin GPS V

Techmount for GPS

Ram mount for GPS

Powerlet outlet installed

Powerlet cord for GPS

MotovationUSA no-cut sliders and barend weights

Grab-on grips

3M Black Reflective tape for the bags.

Shoei Helmet (Love it!)

Joe Rocket Manta Tank Bag

Zee Medical Traumma kit, kept in rear bag

Yamaha 3yr unlimited mileage maintenance package!

Farkel hit list:

Corbin Smuggler kit

New seat with comfort.

PIAA light kit