Vibranators on 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I bought vibranators (bar ends) for my 2014 and when I removed the OEM bar ends and tried to pull the plugs they would not budge. I looked into the opening and it appears they are threaded into the handle bars. Has anyone installed these on a GenIII and if so how did you do it? Do the GenIII bars have something inside that will preclude using vibranators? They were easy to install on my 07 and worked very effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the GenII bikes, they are probably pressed into place. You'll need a long bolt with the correct threads and a socket to run the bolt through. Put the socket on the end of the bar and use the socket and bolt as a puller.

Otherwise, they're gonna be a bitch to get out. Its easy the way I told you. The socket will allow the plug to pull into the socket until you can pull it out by hand.

The Vibranators don't screw into the OEM plug? If not, how do they hold onto the bar? Does they come with a replacement plug?

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the vibranators on my 07 and pulled the plugs with the device supplied by the mfg. No problem. When I tried to pull the throttle side on the 2014 it would not move. I looked into the end of the bar and noticed the plug was not the same as the 07 and appears to be threaded into the bar. I am curious if there is something in there related to the heated grips. I do not want to go any further without getting first hand info on how to remove the plug and if vibranators can be used on GenIII's.

I have not had the bike out since installing the vibranators. It's still being fitted with radiator screen and protective material on the fairing piece behind the front wheel.