Vision X XMitter LED light bar

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
I found these from one of the vendors on a Jeep forum i use, And they look really interesting!

Can someone break down the actual wattage differences between the 35 watt PHIDS and these? They have it somewhat explained, But my mind can't wrap around it tonight... ;)

https://www.visionxusa.com/led/xmitter/

I got this crazy idea of mounting a 12" light bar below the headlights. :unsure:

A typical "35 watt HID light" consumes about 42 watts to power the ballast, and the 35 watts is what the ballast outputs to the lamp.

Each of those LED modules consumes 3 watts of power. Depending on the size of the system you want to build, used the X button on the calculator. They also have individual 10w LEDs available. The lumen output of that 12" light bar is only 3600, which isn't a whole lot. It could be matched with a typcial pair of HIDs, and probably exceeded.

The larger, more important question is the beam and distribution of light. This can be difficult to judge from photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

These LEDs should make an excellent fork-mounted PIAA alternative. Similar light output (900 lumens each), but far less power consumption. Found them on Amazon for $119 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought these up in February, they are markedly brighter than HID's. My buddy owns a shop that installs then up here in Fairbanks and they draw very little power I dont have the paticulars but I can get them from him. This topic didnt generate much back in Feb either in this topic.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...rt=#entry544859
Photos?

Brighter than HIDs? That's possible, but you sort of need to back up that statement.

If we don't want to hear crickets every time this topic comes up, those who have 'em are going to have to start beating the drum and tell us how great they are. How about posting your detailed installation instructions with photos?

I held my tongue(or is it fingers) with the first post.

I've seen and played with some high-power LED's before. I build the electronics for

with LEDs. It used several 10w elements for each drum. There was a total of 260w of white LEDs in the kit. I've also played with LEDs for motorcycle lighting.
I have *not* seen this system, so please don't interpret this as a judgment on the product.

LEDs, especially high-power, are larger than a typical HID light source. This makes it more difficult to properly focus the light into a powerful long-distance beam with just a reflector. I have not seen any projector LED setups marketed yet. This is why I mentioned the importance of the beam in my first post.