• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vista Cruise for 2007 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're about twenty bucks. Why not just order one up? I have one and I like it ok, but it doesn't hold too well. When I give up on it, I'm planning to replace it with another twenty dollar item, the Go Cruise throttle lock. Good vid of it in this link.

1757_1b_1.jpg

They're about twenty bucks. Why not just order one up? I have one and I like it ok, but it doesn't hold too well. When I give up on it...
Doesn't work too well? Give up on it? What's up with that Mike? Any chance there's some lubricant in there fouling things up? Ya got me curious.

Mine was given to me by a friend who'd sold his bike and didn't need it any more.

I've had mine for quite a while, and every now and then, when it gets a little loose (plastic bearing surfaces), a quick twist on the adjustment screw takes up the slack and we're good to go. Not an issue at all. However, it does work VERY well, and it's oh so easy to flick it on and off. Here's a pic of it with the factory grips.

throttlelock2.jpg

Below is a pic of the opposite side... closest to the brake lever. Notice the coat hanger that I twisted up? I gave it a quick coat of black paint and adjusted everything just right to secure the throttle lock in just the position I wanted. The mount served two purposes. I was able to place the thumb lever EXACTLY where I wanted it, and I didn't have to drill any holes in my FJR.

throttlelock1.jpg

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
They're about twenty bucks. Why not just order one up? I have one and I like it ok, but it doesn't hold too well. When I give up on it, I'm planning to replace it with another twenty dollar item, the Go Cruise throttle lock. Good vid of it in this link.
1757_1b_1.jpg
I use this and i am very satisfied!For only 20$..
smile.png

I would suggest that you order a couple extra silicone rings.

In time the original one supplied can wear thin or collect dirt or oily film and loose its grip.

1757_1b_1.jpg
I use this and i am very satisfied!For only 20$..
smile.png
+ 1 on the GoCruise. As I have Oxford heated grips, I've never had to use the rubber grip rings. Had a VistaCruise installed, but it was a PITA compared to this.

Al
cold.gif

@garyahouse: I'm not saying the Vista Cruise is a bad thing, just think the Go Cruise looks simpler. Guess nothing's foolproof, as Fly Bye says--it can loosen or slip too, but the VC has that adjusting screw that I've had to monkey with a bunch of times to get it tight enough. I even carry a small flat blade screwdriver in a pocket of my tail bag just for that screw. And when I set it at some given speed, after just a few seconds the speed slowly starts to drop off. I'd like to be able to leave it for miles sometimes.

I went digging for sources for the Vista Cruise when I posted this. They run a little more money than the GC--low to mid $30's. Cheaper is better.

Thanks for the replies. I have Johar grips. Will the GoCruise work with those grips? I once used a throttle paddle but it caused cramping in my palm on long rides.

Thanks for the replies. I have Johar grips. Will the GoCruise work with those grips? I once used a throttle paddle but it caused cramping in my palm on long rides.
The GoCruise SHOULD work fine with those foam grips, I can't see a problem. I also used a paddle, it's in my tankbag - and staying there!

al
cold.gif

I spent several hours putting on a "Breakaway Throttle lock" (seems like 12 pages of instructions) major pain in the butt to get it lined up juusst right so it wouldn't bind. It doesn't hold as good as it should. Looks nice but that's about all I can say good so far. Got it off ebay (NIB) at about 1/2 price. I have a Vista cruise on my VStrom it works great.

I'm not a big fan of the Vista cruise. I prefer the NEP throttle lock.

Pretty much set it and forget it. Mine hasn't needed adjustment in

eight years of regular use.

My Vista couldn't go eight days without needing fiddling;

always too loose to hold or too tight to allow the

throttle to snap closed.

SacramentoMike

Yeah, that is a problem with the Vista Cruise. Once I get it tight enough (very easy to do) it tends to bind on the throttle a little. The throttle doesn't snap shut real quick. Not that I care. It's never been an issue as I never "accidentally" let go of the throttle. I twist it or close it on purpose. It's not a problem to have a little "stiction" in the throttle due to a Vista Cruise. Anyway, since I tighten it a little more than most others who seek to adjust it so it NEVER binds, it locks up well and never slips when in use. It works well for me.

Gary