VISTA CRUISE for 2007 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peter K

I know many of you have posted informaiton on VISTA CRUISE, but I have a specific quesiton, maybe someone can help me out.

I have a 2007 FJR and I dont know which VISTA CRUISE I would get, I dont want to drill any holes in the bike.

Thank you.

As far as the Vista cruise, use the dual cable version. Now for the not drilling any holes, your choices are limited. Most folks drill a small hole in the throttle housing and use a self tapping sheetmetal screw to anchor the Vista. If you really don't want to drill, then either fabricate and/or modify the Vista bracket and attach to one of the throttle assembly screws or use the zip tie method. There are a couple threads on this, use the search function.

I installed the Vista on my '06 using just two sided exterior tape and a zip tie. A year later, it is still tight and works well.

Hope this helps...sorry no pics of my install.

--G

I would use one of those two methods. My original plan was to not drill it. But then I Took it apart and found that it was going to be fine so I did it anyways. Skooters method works just fine, that might be what you are looking for.

Thanks for all the information. What about if I used the UNIVERSAL VISTA which has the plastic arm? Would that work?

I would use one of those two methods. My original plan was to not drill it. But then I Took it apart and found that it was going to be fine so I did it anyways. Skooters method works just fine, that might be what you are looking for.

I just put the Thottlemeister on my bike. IT IS COOL!! and really simple. Another great benifit is it also has the properties of really heavy bar end. I have NO vibration at all.

YMMV

Thanks for all the information. What about if I used the UNIVERSAL VISTA which has the plastic arm? Would that work?

I have an 06 and used the universal one. I have heated grips and with a little trimming where the power cord was it fits tight and no mods to the bike. I can get you a pic or 2 if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts