Vista Cruise - Yamaha Install on 2006 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'mTheGuy

Reaction score
Okay, I've purchased (2) Vista Cruise - Yamaha throttle locks for our FJRs. The install on my wife's 2008 FJR A will go much like the one good one I've viewed on this forum. The install for my 2006 FJR AE however, appears much different. The throttle grip on the AE appears to run all the way under a housing next to the housing with the "Kill Switch" on it where I can see a grip heat wire harness going into the rubber.

I don't think I will be able to use the same Vista Cruise on my bike. :blink: If I am wrong let me know. If I am not wrong, what Vista Cruise should I use on the 2006 FJR AE? :unsure:

You can't use the Vista Cruise on a bike with factory HEATED grips.
Fixed
Thanks Howie. So no inexpensive way(under $100) to do the throttlelock on the AE? Humphh! <_<
How about 50 cents?

3573f_246_gearshift_o_rings.jpg

What JohnT linked to.....stick an o-ring between the end of the grip and the switch housing.

Very "Flintstones".....but VERY cheap!

From the reviews I have read in a few places the Cat o-ring holds up better against rotting with the sun beating on it. However, I would buy some cheap 50 cent o-rings to see if you like it, then get the Cat o-ring for a few bucks.

From the reviews I have read in a few places the Cat o-ring holds up better against rotting with the sun beating on it. However, I would buy some cheap 50 cent o-rings to see if you like it, then get the Cat o-ring for a few bucks.
Well, I've now learned that I can buy the Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control for around $85.00. That's not a bad price but, I'm stuck on how to mount the control switch for it on a 2006 AE. There are no additional mirror bases on this bike.

Well, I've now learned that I can buy the Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control for around $85.00. That's not a bad price but, I'm stuck on how to mount the control switch for it on a 2006 AE. There are no additional mirror bases on this bike.

Let us know how you make out. Looking to get one also. My brand-new opened Vista cruise sitting on the shelf in shop. Still might try to modify a fit for it. Running grip puppies and ManicSalamander bar end weights.

It would be fairly easy to use JB Weld to form a mounting boss at a different position on the throttle housing, so that a anti-rotation pin could be affixed. The Vista Cruise "tab" would have to be positioned near the top and be more visible. But the worse thing that could happen if it broke the pin away is the throttle lock would release.

I wouldn't give up on the Vista Cruise solution just because the wires of heated grips have to be at the bottom. It works well.

Alright, I've made the decision to go with the AVCC cruise control and I actually have it on order :rolleyes: . Now, I need someone to tell me where I can get a decent control switch mount for the '06 FJR AE. :unsure: Surely there's one available somewhere.