Vololights. Shipping now.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pista

Reaction score
I heard about this project on https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vololights/vololights-enhanced-motorcycle-visibility? a few months back.

To me it sounded like a really simple and effective way of getting noticed while decelerating and decided to help them out with funding. The idea was if they met their projected financial goal then the project would go ahead. If they didn't, they reimburse your "donation". I went with the $79 option.

The only downside I see is it being a possible nuisance in the twisties where you're on and off the throttle quite often. Maybe on a future ride with one of you FJR's I could get input on this and perhaps make it a switched circuit to allow turning the unit off in those conditions.

I saw those, when looking for additional lighting, and thought they were quite interesting. I ended up getting the Hyper-Lites instead, as I didn't want to get anything without some kind of proven record. There are plenty of times where I could see their usefulness, as I downshift to slow down a lot. A way to interrupt that would be a plus, so I'm confident someone here will have an answer for you on that regard. Best of luck!

I heard about this project on https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vololights/vololights-enhanced-motorcycle-visibility? a few months back. To me it sounded like a really simple and effective way of getting noticed while decelerating and decided to help them out with funding. The idea was if they met their projected financial goal then the project would go ahead. If they didn't, they reimburse your "donation". I went with the $79 option.

The only downside I see is it being a possible nuisance in the twisties where you're on and off the throttle quite often. Maybe on a future ride with one of you FJR's I could get input on this and perhaps make it a switched circuit to allow turning the unit off in those conditions.
What they need is a way to shut this off. It may be quite annoying when riding in a group setting. I imagine if they are powered with 12 volts from the MC you may be able to add this yourself with an additional switch.

JMO

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is shipping them? I just visited the Kickstart and Volo websites and could find nothing about this product being ready to ship.

Slardy

Sorry about the premature posting.

They sent me an e-mail regarding my shipping info. Apparently the initial batch is spoken for by the people who funded the project. Production runs will certainly follow.

From what I understand, they will have a booth set up at the motorcycle shows. Also they have a fb page with updates.

I don't understand how these would be a problem in a group setting. A large number of MC crashes happen while in group rides. I think their cool, and shutting them off renders them ineffective. When these are up and running, I'll order a set, if the price is reasonable,

+1. Not that I want to do group rides, but I want motorcycles following behind to also know that I am decelerating, not just other cars. A MC running into you from behind in a clusterfuck ride would hurt almost as much if not just as much as being rear-ended by a cager.

Last edited by a moderator: