vstream for 2006?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There appears to be a small notation on their website about having them available for other models as well, but only through National Cycle. When I was looking at their website, I was looking at THIS SITE, and wrongly assumed it was the factory site. Sorry. :eek:

Having said that, it still only lists through the 05 FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, here's what i got back from national cycle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At least 3 more weeks.

National Cycle, Inc.

www.nationalcycle.com

877-972-7336

708-343-0400

>>> "Ali Gilani" <[email protected]> 09/24/06 12:00AM >>>

Any eta on the vstream for the 2006 yamaha fjr1300?

I need one of those.

You know I spent a fortune on my 05 GL1800 after I bought it last year. Looks like the FJR will be the same. Everything I see, I gotta have one........ :pff

have a link? I dunno if it's a marketing gimmick but the only vstream i've seen really worked as advertised.

From National Cycle (makers of V Stream) yesterday 10/23:

"Hi Michael,

We are looking at another 3 weeks before the 2006 FJR shields will ship.

National Cycle, Inc.

www.nationalcycle.com

877-972-7336

708-343-0400"

Why wait for a Vstream when the new '06 Rifle windscreen is perfect!!!? I'm not kidding, the +3T+4W Rifle is perfect!

I think it would be perfect if was'nt for that ugly BRACKET showing under the shield.

i have it on my o6 i like the wind protection but that BRACKET that i keep seeing. :D

I have a Vstream for my '05. It ain't all it's cracked up to be. I had a Cee Bailey's +4+1 prior to the Vstream and I will most likely switch back. I consider the Vstream a $126 waste and failed experiment.

Caveat, I do no have the spacers in place and Skyway and Blustreek both think I'll like it more when I get those. Also, I haven't got my wife's impression yet and that will be an important factor of whether I go back to the CB, or not.

I think the Vstream bufffets worse that the CB +4+1 and it is so much wider that I think it stresses the shield support structure too much.

I have a Vstream for my '05. It ain't all it's cracked up to be. I had a Cee Bailey's +4+1 prior to the Vstream and I will most likely switch back. I consider the Vstream a $126 waste and failed experiment.
Caveat, I do no have the spacers in place and Skyway and Blustreek both think I'll like it more when I get those. Also, I haven't got my wife's impression yet and that will be an important factor of whether I go back to the CB, or not.

I think the Vstream bufffets worse that the CB +4+1 and it is so much wider that I think it stresses the shield support structure too much.
I'll let you ride my 06 with Rifle if you like. Just as a comparison..

I had a CD +4+2 and liked the CalSci tall much better when I got it for my 05. YMMV.

Hi,

I'm very interested in this VStream idea. Please let me know if anyone actually tries one on an '06.

So far I have tried a CalSci X-Tall and am still getting a huge amount of buffetting. I'm 6'5" and am not sure if there's anything out there that will make my ride any better. It's getting frustrating.

If the VStream works like it's advertised, then I'll gladly buy one. Otherwise... help!

Steve

Hi,
I'm very interested in this VStream idea. Please let me know if anyone actually tries one on an '06.

So far I have tried a CalSci X-Tall and am still getting a huge amount of buffetting. I'm 6'5" and am not sure if there's anything out there that will make my ride any better. It's getting frustrating.

If the VStream works like it's advertised, then I'll gladly buy one. Otherwise... help!

Steve
Based on my experience with Vstream on my '05, you are in need of help. Really. Get the laminar lip on a Cal Sci???

Just got a response back from VStream. He said it would be at least another month now. Grrr.....

Still not convinced it will solve my problem, but would like to try it out.