Vstream windshield for the 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
Does anyone know when they will be available for the 06? How about different sizes and tint. Thanks

Does anyone know when they will be available for the 06? How about different sizes and tint. Thanks

I saw an advertisement for them in this month's Rider Magazine. I remember thinking it interesting they have the windshields for the '06's already. You might want to check that out or they must have a web site.

I got an email reply from them some time ago and didn't save it so I'm going on memory. The V-Stream was to be availble in late June and there would be one size and clear. I think the size was +2.5" over stock, but don't hold me to the size. I didn't save the email or give it a second thought because I needed the shield sooner and I need more height than what they told me theirs would be. That's why I think it was somewhere around +2.5".

Go to their site and send them an email. They were quick to respond to me. Hope this helps!

I sent them an email last night about availability of a shield for the '06.

I really liked the Lexan (hard coated) shields on my Harleys. Easy to clean, great clarity and resistance to scratching and flying debris. If the V-stream is even better, well, that will be the cat's ass.

I also asked them about the possibility of making headlight guards for our bikes. My '04 with 26K on it needs to have the headlight covers rubber out. Lots of nicks and pits. I already bought the guards for the '06 from Cee Bailey, but I know guys that have broken those pretty easily. I would think hard coated Lexan would be just the ticket for the front end of the FJR.

Hi Matt,We will have the 2006 FJR VStream done at the end of June. It is part number N20302, and retails for $179.95. You can order it by calling us at 877-972-7336.

At this time we don't have any plans to make headlight guards, but I'll pass along your input to the appropriate people.
How vague is that?

Be nice if they made headlight guards out of that Lexan. Won't hold my breath, though.

Hi Matt,We will have the 2006 FJR VStream done at the end of June. It is part number N20302, and retails for $179.95. You can order it by calling us at 877-972-7336.

At this time we don't have any plans to make headlight guards, but I'll pass along your input to the appropriate people.
More info.... I just called to see if I could pre-order and the salesguy I talked to said that they hope to have them in 6 weeks, but they can't take pre-orders now. He said to call back in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: