Vstream

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elwood

Reaction score
Where is the best place to purchase a Vstream windshield for an '05?

I searched this site and came up with UM, but that was from a year ago.

I just bought one on ebay for about $160 including shipping for a gen. 1, ships whithin 24 hrs. Bought it on Tuesday, supposed to arrive on Monday.

I'm trying to decide between the CeeBaily and the Vstream for my '08. I am 5' 10", 185lbs. Stock seat, low position, bars in middle position. How much taller than stock is the vstream? Anyone here used both brands, and if so, which do you think is better for the elements? Thanks.

I'm trying to decide between the CeeBaily and the Vstream for my '08. I am 5' 10", 185lbs. Stock seat, low position, bars in middle position. How much taller than stock is the vstream? Anyone here used both brands, and if so, which do you think is better for the elements? Thanks.

Photos of my 06 with VStream her: https://picasaweb.google.com/mdisher/06FJRWithVStream#

I only ride with this in the winter time (now) and pretty much can only ride with it UP, in the down it pushes sooo much more air into my face that's uncomfortable. It's about a 1/2 taller than my CBaily with flip, but it is wider.. If my CBaily was wider, I'd never use the VStream.

Someone else's stock vs vstream photos:
P1010028.JPG

Photos of my 06 with VStream her: https://picasaweb.google.com/mdisher/06FJRWithVStream#

I only ride with this in the winter time (now) and pretty much can only ride with it UP, in the down it pushes sooo much more air into my face that's uncomfortable. It's about a 1/2 taller than my CBaily with flip, but it is wider.. If my CBaily was wider, I'd never use the VStream.

Someone else's stock vs vstream photos:
P1010028.JPG

Thanks for the info. That sucker looks bigger on your bike than the pic on the Vstream website. Does your CB w/flip make turbulence because it is slimmer?

Thanks for the info. That sucker looks bigger on your bike than the pic on the Vstream website. Does your CB w/flip make turbulence because it is slimmer?
I wouldn't say it's more turbulent... It's easier to ride with 'down'... It's narrower so more air gets to my arms/shoulders when it's warmer out.

I'm only 6 feet 0, but my height is in my torso (short inseam) so I seem to match up more with people who are around 6'2" windshield wise.

There was a VStream floating around for people to try, you might try to get your hands on that or maybe hook up with Fencer, he might let you try his.

-MD

My measure of my Vstream shows it's about 4 inches taller than the stock shield and much wider. Width is difficult to measure because it gets wider up top. The Cee Bailey shields can be bought in any height or width you want and with or without flip. I have the Vstream and a CB +2 height with flip. Besides the extra air on my arms/sides, the CB offers as much clean air to my helmet as the Vstream with less extension. The flip is key to this.

If I had it to do over, I'd buy a CB +2 high/+4 width with flip for winter use instead of the Vstream. But I'm not made of money so I'll stick with what I have.

BTW, I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam and bike is stock setup for ergonomics.

My measure of my Vstream shows it's about 4 inches taller than the stock shield and much wider. Width is difficult to measure because it gets wider up top. The Cee Bailey shields can be bought in any height or width you want and with or without flip. I have the Vstream and a CB +2 height with flip. Besides the extra air on my arms/sides, the CB offers as much clean air to my helmet as the Vstream with less extension. The flip is key to this.

If I had it to do over, I'd buy a CB +2 high/+4 width with flip for winter use instead of the Vstream. But I'm not made of money so I'll stick with what I have.

BTW, I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam and bike is stock setup for ergonomics.

Ok, so you have the CB +2 height, stock width, right? If I read you right, the only thing that you dont like about your CB vs Vstream is that you didnt get enough width on the CB. Do you think the +4 width is needed, or would the +2 width be sufficient? I think I am leaning towards the CB, as I can also get it tinted.

where is the cheapest place to get the ceebailey windshield?
I hate to say this, I'm a FNG too, but do a search on Vstream and you will find several topics that state locations and prices. The Vstream is a popular windshield in the cooler weather so there have been many posts on it recently.

where is the cheapest place to get the ceebailey windshield?
I hate to say this, I'm a FNG too, but do a search on Vstream and you will find several topics that state locations and prices. The Vstream is a popular windshield in the cooler weather so there have been many posts on it recently.
Especially since you didn't answer his question. I'm sure amizar is smart enough to substitute ceebailey for Vstream in your statement. <_<

Ok, so you have the CB +2 height, stock width, right? If I read you right, the only thing that you dont like about your CB vs Vstream is that you didnt get enough width on the CB. Do you think the +4 width is needed, or would the +2 width be sufficient? I think I am leaning towards the CB, as I can also get it tinted.
For winter use (which is what I have the Vstream for) I would definitely go with +4 width on a CB shield. It makes a lot of difference in warmth if you block the direct air blast and the extra width keeps more air off your arms/sides.

I bought my CB directly from the manufacturer Clicky here for the CB website I believe there's a couple other dealers that sell them, but the cost would have been higher after shipping.

Received my Vstream yesterday.

Very easy to install. This windshield is of high quality (thick).

I just hope the plastic screws that hold down the windshield can handle the extra weight.

I haven't had the chance to take her for a spin yet.

I can't wait to receive my Heli bars next week.