VVME HID

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
After reading Jeff Bertrand's review of the VVME HID kit in a recent issue of Motorcycle Consumer News, I decided to check out VVME's website. I looked at their HID Conversion kits and noticed that the description read as follows: Your Kit includes everything you need to get real HID lights. You get the HID bulbs, wiring harness, ballasts and igniters. Our Kits are designed for direct plug and play. We give you extra long protection, and the smallest ballast of any kit available.There is no wire cutting, no custom fitting and no stress. Just plug in each connection. No cutting or splicing of wires is required. Fits all vehicle types and comes with everything needed to convert to HID!

Since I have a Gen II, I knew that I would need very small ballasts so I decided to order the kit.

When it arrived today, I opened the box and found FULL SIZE ballasts in the box and not the smallest ballasts of any kit available. :eek: Since it's not worth the effort to ship the kit back to them, even if they would have anything better to send me.

I think that I'll just shop around for a pair of very slim ballasts and use the wiring harness and bulbs that came with the VVME kit. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find some slim ballasts?

Thanks

A quick search on eBay for the term "slim ballast" brings up a bunch of them. I can't vouch for any, however.

Bill,

I was thinking of making the jump to HID's, and have been reading all I could find about the process. I am not sure about the products on the market and have some reservations about ease of installation and overall quality. I am interested in your journey and would appreciate a posting of the process.

Thanks,