Wack of parts on the way!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Altinger

Reaction score
With the new FJR purchased and only 520KMs on the clock so far, the following parts are on the way. My mailman is going to hate me. :) I'm going loooong range cruising around western Canada.

- Grip Puppies

- Vista Cruise

- Garmin Zumo 550

- Techmount 3" mount

- V-Stream windshield

- Eureka 2 man tent. (Cant remember the model, but thanks to who suggested it!)

- G2 Ergonomics cam fix

This weekend I'll pick out a big Givi top box.

Question though... does anyone know if the Garmin Zumo 550 comes with a hardwire cable? I dont want a cable flopping around connected to the cigarette lighter port all the time.

I'd once again like to thank all the helpful people on here that have gotten me this far. Soooo much good information to be had! Soon I'll be cruising with the best of you old pharts. :)

- Johnny

06 FJR1300A - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

The Zumo comes with a wire to "hardwire" it to your bike. It does come with a "ciggerette lighter" plug also, but most use that for the car mount...I'm not even sure you can use it on the bike cradle. I have mine wired directly to the battery.

KM

The Zumo motorcycle mount is designed to be hardwired. You can not use the cigarette lighter power cord for the motorcycle mount, only the car mount.

As for the Givi cases, being that you are in Canada, you may want to look at the Shad cases. Significantly cheaper, and are made by Givi. Just a thought.

Also, you may want to consider a StarCom1 or similar system to fully utilize the Zumo's power! The music from MP3 and XM radio, combined with the Bluetooth connectivity to your cell phone are nothing short of AWESOME! See the vendor section to contact Jeff from Bike Effects, he has a 10% discount to forum members.

The Zumo motorcycle mount is designed to be hardwired. You can not use the cigarette lighter power cord for the motorcycle mount, only the car mount.
As for the Givi cases, being that you are in Canada, you may want to look at the Shad cases. Significantly cheaper, and are made by Givi. Just a thought.

Also, you may want to consider a StarCom1 or similar system to fully utilize the Zumo's power! The music from MP3 and XM radio, combined with the Bluetooth connectivity to your cell phone are nothing short of AWESOME! See the vendor section to contact Jeff from Bike Effects, he has a 10% discount to forum members.

Thats good that the Zumo comes with that wire. I was about to buy one off Ebay. Saves me a couple bucks. Any good links for installation around?

OKay... I'm not a Zumo wiz yet. :) My cel phone is about as antiquated as it gets and I'm not buying one until the Iphone comes to Canada which is at least 6 more months. Half the reason I like the Zumo 550 is the bluetooth for use with my laptop which I plan to bring with me, and how it can play MP3s. If I can find a nice little bluetooth earbud headset I can stuff until my helmet, I'd be soooo happy! Mind you, I hate earbuds, but I figure those other style that hang from your ear would get smooshed in the helmet and be really uncomfortable. I'll find something.

As for those Shad cases... cool! I looked them up. I can't think of any dealers that sell them out here though. Givi will probably be the way to go. All depends what I find.