Want a custom gen1 seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mscott

Reaction score
Got an idea, might work, or I might get screwed... I just got a corbin for my gen1, and have the factory seats sitting in the garage. If you have thought about a custom Meyer or Russell seat but can't fathom the thought of giving up your seats for that length of time, would you if you had a loaner seat to ride on while yours were being built? Interested?

What I am about to offer could quickly bite me in the rear, "Butt", if you'll pay shipping BOTH ways, I'll send you MY seats to use while you send YOUR seats to be built. All I ask is that you sign the bottom of my seat before you send it back to me, or to the next in line to use it(next in line pays shipping if it don't return to me). Sound good? It would totally be an honor system and could be shot to hell by the first "less than honorable" person out there, but if used correctly, could get you that dream seat during riding season.....

Will this work? Or am I just an idiot with delusions of a good and honest world?????

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an awesome idea. I don't need to do it, but I know there are some folks that will. And I'm betting that your goodwill seat will make it a long ways with no monkey business. There's a 2nd gen V-stream windshield that's been traveling around for about a year now.

That's a GREAT offer, Scott. I agree with Fred that the odds are excellent that your plan will work for a long time without anyone screwing it up by being less than forthcoming on returning or forwarding it to the next recipient.

Good on ya, my man! This is the kind of thing that makes this forum special in many ways.

Ride Safe,

Don