• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Givi V46 Flat Black cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Many of us who have bought the Givi V46 trunks over the years have also ordered the color matched lid for them, which means that you will have a Matte Black lid laying around collecting dust somewhere.

I gave mine away to someone (can't remember who) way back when, because I thought I would keep my Bass Bote Blue FJR forever. Well some things have changed...

It doesn't look like I can buy a matching Bass Bote Red cover for the trunk from Givi (which I still like) and I'll probably be time sharing the box on my new red 2014 as well as occasionally on my Vstrom, so I'm thinking the matte black will look better than the blue does on both bikes

Anyone got one they are willing to part with? If so, name your price!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was smart enough to keep mine so when I bought the 13 I just popped out the Cerulean silver insert.

If anybody is looking for an Givi V46 Cerulean Silver insert... I have one for sale!

Guess this is a bit of a douche post huh :D

No, not really. It just reminds me that I was kind of foolish to let mine go so quickly.
wink.png

I may just have my old blue lid painted red and then buy another cheap top-box for the 'strom if nobody has a black lid they want to let go.

Thanks, Dave. That would be completely awesome.

Of course, it goes without saying that, I would like to pay any expense for shipping it. Generosity does have its bounds, you know...

And don't be rushing the consumption of any of those Reubens on my account.
nono.gif

As a Right Coast Rueben fan, I know that they should always be ingested at a leisurely pace to be fully appreciated.

Besides... one does need to leave room for the pie!
tonguesmiley.gif

I'm sure that I can live with the gross indignity of a non-color-matched trunk for a while longer without any long term repercussions.
winksmiley02.gif

(PS - You're the best!)

Fred, I am confused. I just searched over the Givi website and found SKU C46R300 Gloss Red cover for the V46 top case, listed as $74.00. Is that just the wrong shade of red?

#1 - Find one for sale somewhere. I can't.

#2 - Yes, that is an old part number. I think it matched the ST1300 red. Certainly not the superior Yamaha bass bote red.

I did not know, that's why I asked Mr. Grumpy McGrumpman. I tell you what though, since I like you so much I have an even better idea. There are phone numbers and contact names on the Giviusa website. I will take time out of my busy day tomorrow to call Charlotte at Givi North Carolina and see what color options are available. Perhaps this info will benefit all of us.

I wonder if Givi would have any inside scoop on the '15 color... Probably not.

Sorry, I thought you were just being your normal smartass self. ;)

I'd definitely be interested in what you find out from Givi. If I could get a matching red lid for $75 I'd probably go that route and use a cheap top box for the 'strom. But I'm a bit doubtful that will have anything for us. If you can talk them into it you'll be the forum hero! :lol:

Oddly, not being sarcastic this time. I will try to make time today to make that call. They have a number for a North Carolina office and one for Nevada. I would think that with the sudden popularity of the '14 in both the A and ES version they might consider a run of that color.

Oh, and you are forgiven. Although I cannot imagine why you would ever think I was being sarcastic...
rolleyes.gif

Okay, I called Givi in North Carolina. (704)679-4123. I spoke to someone named Mark. He was nice and helpful.

Mark said that they have covers for the V46 in stock in Candy Apple Red. Stock # R301. Mark said that it is not an exact match for the Yamaha but it is close. He said it is closest to the Honda Glory Red but is not an exact match for that either. He said it would still look very good against the Yamaha.

So, there. They have something, they have it in stock, and it lists for $74. It is not an exact match.

That is all I can do.

Thanks for the leg work!

It sounds like it will be worth a shot. I'll be the guinea pig and get one of these on order, and then report back on the color match accuracy to the collective.

In the meantime... hang on to all of those black lids!

#1 - Find one for sale somewhere. I can't.
#2 - Yes, that is an old part number. I think it matched the ST1300 red. Certainly not the superior Yamaha bass bote red.
I think Yamaha is calling it Ricky Racer Red :lol:

I've been told that I must have been raised on the Bass Masters Tour, since I continue to pick these "Bass Bote" colors for my murdercycles. I just passed a big ole' Ranger bote on a trailer (with big 250HP Merc outboard!) the other day, in the most wonderfully deep metal flaked red color...

Very close in color to my new '14, actually.
not_i.gif

I guess that I am just easily attracted by brightly shiny toys...
wink.png