Was going to install the 2820 but...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canucklehead-biker

Reaction score
Well, today was tech day at Canucklehead's... lift the tank, run some cables for the Garmin 2820, install the Techmount stem mount, change the spark plugs... etc, etc...

I got everything done, and wandered over to the car to get the 2820 (which I'd been using in the car until I had all the parts to install on the FJR)... SUMBITCH!!! SOMEONE BUSTED INTO MY CAR AND STOLE THE #$%^&^$#$%^&^%$# THING!!!! :eek:

Apparently the bastidges went door to door last night... my neighbour had both of his vehicles broken into, and another up the street. :angry:

I'm (understandably) PISSED!!!!!

OK, rant over... we now resume our regular programming...

Griff :angry2:

I had my Zumo stolen from a rental car in Indianapolis hotel while on business. They busted the window and grabbed it. Seems they got many cars that night.

Homeowners Ins covered it and gave my MSRP from Best Buy -10%...I was able to be a new one online and made a few bucks on the deal.

Bonus is I now have an extra MC mount :)

I'm waiting to hear from the insurance company... preliminary is that they will replace with an equivalent, and seeing as how the 2820 isn't made anymore, I think the closest thing that is waterproof is a Zumo... but we'll see what the suits say. :glare:

Toe... I filled out the police report (it is now an online form, since the cops don't have time to actually investigate any of these), and had the opportunity at the end to file a "victim impact statement" ... and all I could think of was a line from Pink Floyd: "... just five minutes, Worm Your Honour, him and me alone..." :assassin:

Anyone know if the wiring for an Autocom is the same on a Zumo as a 2820? :unsure: