WATERPROOF ROAD ATLAS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have wasted too much time already doing searches for this product. :angry: In this day and age of

GPS, the road atlas is still a must have for me. The closest one I've found for what I want is

an HD atlas and forgive me but... I don't need to know the locations of ALL HD dealerships.

I am looking for a eye appealing North American road atlas, with rest stop locations, state

maps, major cities, driving distances......... But I want one WATERPROOF!

Does anyone carry one? Can anyone give me a direct link to what I want? Any Ideas?

Thanks, Tony

Not really a road atlas, but I use Borch Maps.

https://www.maps.com/map.aspx?pid=16756&AID=10297911&CJPID=3610283&SID=popshops

bor_usa_6_c.jpg

They are laminated, can be written on, easily refolded and take a beating. You can pick them up at Barnes and Noble etc...

This looks pretty decent. For the money put it in a baggy and when it gets unusable throw it out and buy another. Can't go wrong for the price.

Clicky

Dave

Go to your local truck stop. In the convenience store section they will have US Road Atlases. The one from Rand McNally is highly water resistant (plastic coated pages), with a spiral metal binding.

The only down side is that it is quite large, but does fit in either a side case or top box with no problem.

Been using one for years with no problems.

Don

Edit to add: Looking online, I note the one that has plastic coated pages and spiral binding is the "Deluxe" edition. The other is "Perfect Bound" like a paperback, and does not hold up nearly as well, nor does it have the coated pages... Prices are well up since I bought my last one years ago, too. Available at places like Amazon.com for around $50.00...

Last edited by a moderator: