WAY TO GO SANTA!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Hoss

Reaction score
:clapping: I couldn't believe it...Santa brought me a ZUMO 550!!! Is that way cool, or what? And to think there have been times in the past when I've made veiled insinuations that she may be a bit frugal (or worse).

Now for a question for the electronics experts out there. I'm running an older Autocom with 2 audio inputs, currently occupied by my XM radio and a Valentine radar. There is a gray DIN input for cell or bike to bike radio that is unoccupied.

Can I use a Y connector to connect the audio outputs from the Zumo and the radar to the Autocom without causing serious audio problems? If that would work it would be easier and much cheaper (cheap is good) than buying a fancy DIN adapter, and running wires under the gas tank, etc.

I'll wait patiently for responses.

Thanks, Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
The ad copy from the Mix-It site says "The problem with the 'Y' cord solution is that some devices are not compatible with each other, and one device can damage another by using this type of cord." I don't know enough to verify that.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but be sure and call Autocom before ordering. They've been real helpful for the different problems I've had so far. One tip from them was to order off the internet instead of over the phone which saves a little (a lot) on shipping.

possible match

page 7 of catalog

Charlie,

You might want to check with either BOUNCE or IONBEAM regarding the split. I seem to remember this discussion in the past but I can't find the link to the thread for you.