Weird- Type the alphabet while holding both shift keys down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyfool

Reaction score
ABCDEFHIJKLMNOPQRSUVWXZ- My Gateway Laptop

GTY don't work

ABDFGHJKLNSTY- My wife's HP Laptop

CEIMOPQRUVWXZ don't work....weird

Any idea why this is? What about you guys with PCs (or Macs) that aren't laptop based?

Uhhhhh.............
May I suggest you go out for a ride?

:blink:
I'm waiting for my wife to get home to take over kid watch. Then I'm going to go get rain gear so I can do just that.

But, in the mean time, did you try it? Does your computer show all the characters?

Mildly interesting. It would seem you've found an artifact. My guess is that it's the keyboard and limited number of signals it can send. If there are approximately 100 keys on a typical keyboard I believe there would be......ummmmmm....... bajillions of combinations.

But there are probably a more finite number that they keyboard can send (maybe just a thousand or convenient multiple of 2 like 1024).

So, they decided that anything that doesn't fit into the common occurrences would be ignored. Both shift keys and a certain letter are just as implausible as the b, h, i, j, and q key at the same time.

That's my theory. I don't see much better on Wikipedia - Double Shift Key Paradoxon or Masking.

Here are mine. Many are missing.

ACDEGIJLNRSTUVWY

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this the whole alphabet?

ABDEFGHIJKLNOPQRSUW

In not, I bet y'all are gonna tell me there aren't 52 states in the US, either

ACDEGIJLNRSTUVWY

ACDEGIJLNRSTUVWY

WTF.gif

OK, now you've upset me and I now have to understand why this is.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Now, what was so friggin' hard about that?

Using HP nc6120 Laptop w/XP Professional

BCEHJKLMNQRTVWXZ

I think it's a keyboard glitch due to hardware types never thinking someone would use both shift keys at once ...

CDEFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZ- Keyboard on my Toshiba Laptop

BCEGHIMNOPQRUZWXZ- On my wireless keyboard and the toshiba laptop! :blink:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Now, what was so friggin' hard about that?

Using HP nc6120 Laptop w/XP Professional
BOTH shift keys were pressed? Hmmmmm?

Yep, swear!

ABCDFGHJKLMNSVXZ

This is my Mac. (PowerMac G4 OSX Tiger)

ABCDFGHIJKLMNOPSUVXZ

This is my office PC, sitting beside my Mac. Custom built to college specs by local contracted company. This one even 'beeps' when you hit letters that will not register. Also, you can't backspace while doing this.

Last edited by a moderator: