Wet Electrics?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaTom

Reaction score
Bring new to the world of Sport Touring, I've never seen the need to add XM radios, or radar detectors, or GPSs, or hair dryers to a bike.

What about Water proofing (water resisting)? I suppose your radar detector/XM/GPS stays relatively dry being the wind screen when you are at 40 mph or more, no?

I realize most people surly remove their radar detector or radios when they stop and leave their bikes, but the switches probably tend to remain on the bike. :rolleyes: ...are the switches waterproof (or weather resistant)? Where can someone find one like that?

Does anyone make a water proof radar detector/ GPS?

Thanks

Bring new to the world of Sport Touring, I've never seen the need to add XM radios, or radar detectors, or GPSs, or hair dryers to a bike.
What about Water proofing (water resisting)? I suppose your radar detector/XM/GPS stays relatively dry being the wind screen when you are at 40 mph or more, no?

I realize most people surly remove their radar detector or radios when they stop and leave their bikes, but the switches probably tend to remain on the bike. :rolleyes: ...are the switches waterproof (or weather resistant)? Where can someone find one like that?

Thanks
Garmin and Tom Tom and buy a box for your detector

Thanks
Buy a waterproof bag for all your electronics Clicky

ZiplocSandwichLarge.jpg
:yahoo:

Thanks, all good Ideas. Hopefully my first farkle (whatever that happens to be) will make it thru my first wet ride.