What grips to buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexYZF

Reaction score
Well, as the temperature is dropping lower and lower everyday here in mid-west, I decided to get a pair of heated grips. Would anyone recommend any particular brand? And what diameter grips feet Feejer?

I see few different brands all priced similarly and then there is Yamaha "official" accessory at $250 (btw, it looks identical to to what Suzuki offers at $100 less). What should I go with? What should I stay away from?

Look at the thread on the Dual Star heaters. $30 and you put them on the handlebar and cover with the grip of your choice. Seems to be well received and to work well - I just got them last night and will stick them on this weekend.

THREAD JUST UNDER THIS ONE!

I have the Koso grips from Nick and catfish @ farklemasters.com . They are thicker and softer than the stock grips so that was a big plus for me. They run about $70.00 on their site. Kit comes w/ all wiring for install. I opted for a heatroller also to give more adjustabliity. They fit very loose over the bars, so I used a liberal amount of J B weld to hold them in place. 12,000 miles and working great. Along with V-strom guards my hands don't know what cold is anymore.

Tim