What is so special about this?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5VS-W0741-00-00.jpg

No fairing mod?

Yamaha stamp of appoval?

Works with the '06s?

Dealer financing?

Got me... :blink: They ain't giving them away, are they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealer financing for sliders? Fook! How much dem bastidges be costin'?! If I gotta finance dat kinda shit, I be blung out, bro. Word.

Ugly plus drilling the hole for the real sliders is no big deal.

The template that comes with the R&G is pretty darn close. If you use a unibit you can move the hole as you go and just check a few times along the way. Plus, if you really are scared just loosen the bolt and put some ink on it, push it against the back of the fairing and then remove the fairing and drill.

I even left it a little small and finished it off with sandpaper so the hole is nice and snug around the sliders but still lets the plastic move in and out if it needs to.

Really a simple job if you take your time and it looks factory.

I installed the Airway sliders and did not have to drill anything. Am I missing something here?
Nope, I am referring more to what Groo said.

On my 05 you had a few choices of mounting them to one of the engine mounts which meant drilling the plastics but this bolt was stronger and was out farther on the bike. The other choice was a exposed bolt which was not the same size bolt, weaker in some opinions and farther in on the bike.

I used the engine bolt, drilled, and found it very easy...

Nothing to see here, carry on...