What is the best Luggage bag for the Garauld rack ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
I am waiting for my new Garauld Rack, I have no glue wich bag to buy.... :unsure:

Looking for something nice, waterproof.

Are you getting the matching passenger backrest? If so, I'm partial to the Nelson Rigg EXP-200 Expandable Tail pack. It slips over the backrest, has bungies to tie to the rack, and each compartment unzips to expand to twice its volume. As for the waterproof part: it comes with a cover. I lost my cover somewhere in Ohio on I-75 (anyone finding it: there is a reward) during a 300-mile day of nothing but rain. Even without the cover the inside of the bag did not get soaked (a little damp).

Are you getting the matching passenger backrest? If so, I'm partial to the Nelson Rigg EXP-200 Expandable Tail pack. It slips over the backrest, has bungies to tie to the rack, and each compartment unzips to expand to twice its volume. As for the waterproof part: it comes with a cover. I lost my cover somewhere in Ohio on I-75 (anyone finding it: there is a reward) during a 300-mile day of nothing but rain. Even without the cover the inside of the bag did not get soaked (a little damp).
No backrest, only the rack...

Nelson Rigg CL150 and the Tour Master Deluxe tail bag.

See the other thread for details.

I got the smaller sport rack from Garauld, and it looks good.

The large Tour Master tail bag doesn't fit very well though.

Probably should have went with the larger rack.