What is the name of this connector?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeFJR06

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the name of this connector and if you can lead me to a spot to get one, that's even better! If you're familiar with the white quick connect plug on the end of the Audiovox Cruise Control, this is a pin connector out of that. Hope this makes sense.

P1040218.jpg

There is a wiring harness that comes from the CCS-100 and another that comes from the control pad. The connector is an amphenol part - not sure what the pin diameter is (that's how they rate them). But you can completely remove the connector - I used stranded Cat-5 network cable for the installation on my old Concours - that made it VERY neat - and I used RJ-24 (networking connectors) to plug the control pad into the servo's harness.

I haven't gotten around to doing up a cruise for the FJR yet - I may never get to it. Who knows?

The wire colors from the servo are:

black - ground

red - +12 VDC

brown - ON - signal comes from the control pad

purple - brake pedal input

yellow - resume/accel - from control pad

green - set/coast - from control pad

blue - tach input

gray - speed Sensor

Control pad wiring:

black - ground

red - power

brown - ON

green - set/coast

yellow - resume/accel

gray - back lighting for pad

- Brown goes from the pad to the servo wiring of the same color

- Green goes from the pad to the servo wiring of the same color

- Yellow goes from the pad to the servo wiring of the same color

- Both black wires go to ground

- Both red wires can be wired to an ignition switched source of 12 VDC

- Gray from the control pad can also go to switched 12 VDC

- Blue goes to the tach pulse source - note that the suppressor on the wire has to remain in circuit - you can shorten the wire if you have extra (and you WILL have extra).

- Purple goes to the brake light somehow - some units require that you use a relay to source this signal for some reason.

- You don't need the speed sensor input (gray wire from the servo).

Last edited by a moderator:
Great information there. This one is the red from the control pad. I broke the pin connector removing it so I thought if I could fine one I would replace it and be able use the exisint plug. I'm thinking that won't be the case because I have no idea what size it is. I'll probably end up splicing, or replacing both ends with new.

Thanks again, I couldn't live without the cruise on my FJR.

Smoke

I recently installed the Audivox CC on my 2007. The connector that you're talking about is a common 4-wire interlocking plug used in many PC's. Go to a Radio Shack and you should be able to find replacement male and female connectors.

Hope you get it fixed. The CC sure makes it nice for long hiway stretches.

Ed.

I recently installed the Audivox CC on my 2007. The connector that you're talking about is a common 4-wire interlocking plug used in many PC's. Go to a Radio Shack and you should be able to find replacement male and female connectors.
Hope you get it fixed. The CC sure makes it nice for long hiway stretches.

Ed.
Ed, I made it to RS during lunch today and you were right, they had these connectors. Thanks for the tip!

Latest posts