What is wrong with my fjr?? HELP!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LALAW9

Reaction score
i stoped my fjr today and went into the garage to open the door when i came back out and turned the key on nothing happened.. No lights on dash nothing!!! I have checkrd the battery its good!!I have checkrd the fuses they are good!! Nothing prier to tell me a problem was coming!! I did notice one strange thing when i hook the battery back up the tach and speedodmeter hands go over like you turn the key on but the key is off!!! The only thing that has been done to the bike latley is the recall on the computer. Oh I checked the plug to the computer to see if it is seated and it is.. HELP!!!! SOMEBODY!!! HELP!!!!! Has anybody had this hapen??

I agree with the ignition failure prognosis. Just for fun and giggles, wiggle the wires going to the switch with key on.. see if you get any action.

You did of course test the battery by putting a load on it, e.g. a 12vdc light bulb or official load tester? :unsure: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also try moving the key slowly from the off to the on position and see if the gauges cycle. My first ignition switch failure the bike showed no sign of life but the second failure you could get the gauges and the bike to fire up if you kept working it.

You might also try moving the ignition wires around with the key in the 'on' position. If you haven't already cut the zip tie holding the ignition wires in place do that first. They have been zip tied to tight on some peoples bikes.