What kind of lock do you carry?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfletch69

Reaction score
I need some opinions. Getting ready for several multi-day trips and am stuck on what kind of lock to carry...or whether to carry one at all. We will be riding two-up with a top case & staying in hotels.

Any words from the wise would be appreciated.

I just carry an Zena disk lock with built-in alarm. It has the advantage that it is much harder to break than the ignition lock and it affords me some peace of mind. But I find I only ever use it in neighborhoods where I feel uncomfortable.

6_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Zena also, one that uses a couple aaa batteries to sound an alarm if the bike is moved. I've had it for about four years, works good!

I don't vcarry a lock for the bike itself, but I do carry a padlock and chain to lock my gear to the bike. With the bags loaded up I don't have any place to lock up my jacket, pants, and helmet and I don't like carrying them around all the time so I put a chain through a sleeve or leg, and around the chin bar and then around a fork tube.

I have a Xena lock and also an equivalent of the master lock link for clothes and such

One of the best lock makers in the business - ABUS. The model name I use is the Granit Quick 37. The lock goes on the front brake disc. The lock is acknowledged by insurance companies as very secure. Comes with a storage pouch, a lighted key, spare key, key registration card should you need an additional key, and is designed to fit neatly under the rear set of the Yammie 1300 series.