What "quick scan" mirrors are you guys using on your FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there really a replacement for the MSF quick scan turn of the head before lane changes and any turning? FWIW I'd be constantly adjusting these as I frequently adjust the position of my shield to match bike and wind speed.

Is there really a replacement for the MSF quick scan turn of the head before lane changes and any turning? FWIW I'd be constantly adjusting these as I frequently adjust the position of my shield to match bike and wind speed.
I agree I always perform a quick scan before changing lanes even when I know I'm the only one on the road. However, I would still like additional "mirror coverage" to determine if anyone is traveling next to me. There has been several times when I looked in my mirror and did not see anyone next to me and once I did a quick scan I as surprised by an auto traveling right next to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good friend sent me a link to these https://www.saeng.com/2617.htmThey look pretty good but I wanted to get other options before buying them.
I have used these mirrors for years - that said - I don't have them (YET) on my fjr. I'm awaiting replacement mounts to screw back into my quick scans.

I try to always do a head check - but not having the mirrors on my bike has been driving me nuts. Just part of the every day things you get used to. I like quick scans because I could mount them high on my windshield and look over the road and the mirrors at the same time instead of looking down to the OEM mirrors. Still do the head check before changing lanes.

they work well - and even though they shake due to windshield movement - the convex nature of the mirror mitigates this shaking so they are pretty clear. you can't read license plates in them -- but you sure as heck can see a Peterbuilt.

A good friend sent me a link to these https://www.saeng.com/2617.htmThey look pretty good but I wanted to get other options before buying them.

Mirrors or no mirrors..I have to do a quick head turn befroe I change lanes... I've been suprised more than one with a car next to me both while on a bike and in a cage... Amazing how you can have blind spots on a bike...

but those might be pretty good on the Harley, I dont' move around as much on that bike as I do the Feejer..

Mary

At the recommendation of others on the Forum, I bought a set of these:

https://www.multivexmirror.com/

After about two weeks and a bit of adjustment, I like 'em. Much harder for the cages to sneak up on me. These and a good head check do the job.

I paid less than 2 dollars for these:

yamaha-fjr1300-06-bikepics-575265.jpg

*bigger picture*

Mike H ,

I have the Multivex mirrors on my Goldwing, they cover the whole mirror. They are great :yahoo: I just sent Multivex an email to see if they have something for my 06 FJR.

Doesn't the multivex show where they're mounted on top of the stock mirror. Heard this looks funky or huh um, tacky. Don't know about previous years but the 06 are convex. PM. <>< :D

+1 to Kaj's $2 blind spot mirror.

Also after looking at your link to he saeng mirrors, a pair for $125, they look remarkably similar to my "watch the baby in the back seat" mirrors from Wal-mart for $4

I think the search feature would have been the ticket here to begin with. Here's one but there are many others.Previous Forum Post

Like I had said in this post, I will be using the stock mirrors and have not had a problem. I am considering the motospots from Cycle Gear since making this earlier post but have decided "not" to add any more mirrors to the bike to spoil its clean lines but this is just me. Many LD riders want these type of extra mirrors to cut down on any extra movements to conserve energy during competitions. And some just like to have the added security of more mirrors and don't care about the apperance of extra mirrors on the bike. Adding mirrors as the multivex will work well but from some input the install over the stock glass is not a clean one and the Saeng's are not cheap. Hope you find the right setup for yourself and hope this helped. PM. <>< :D