What size cover?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AZJW

Now that I've got the Cal-Sci tall windscreen and a Givi E52 topcase, any recommendations on size of cover for it? I'm looking for full coverage all the way down to the axle line. Size charts waver between Large and XL, but want to see if anyone has a 05' equipped like mine and which cover fits best. I'd like a tight fit (no flapping in the breeze) but not something that takes 10 minutes of fiddling to get it right. While we're at it, sources too please!

Thanks in advance for keeping it on topic! :p

Last edited:
I have an 03 with all the stuff. Dowco Guardian is a great all weather cover. When you get this kind of cover they are bulky, take up most of a sidecase. Used one for for an everyday all weather cover for 4 years and it still kept the water out. Size is a 125. The 100 is just a little small for the topcase.There is one size larger but this fits your needs. It fits good and snug and has a strap that goes under the bike to cinch the cover down. They also make an easy access with a zipper for the rear that allows easier fit for bags and topcases. I also have a Nelson Rigg, it is a lighter weight cover but I prefer the Dowco. There are also very lightweight covers that are great in good weather and for a dust, garage cover. My travel cover is a Geza.

https://www.accwhse.com/dow.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback. I assume that a 125 is the XL? The Dowco website lists the Large as formerly the 100, but can't find any referrence to the 125. Any idea which model has the zipper option? can't seem to locate that reference either. I've had a Dowco in the past for my ST1100 and agree with you that it's not a small packable cover, but offers superior protection and covers the entire bike well.

Gracias'

Go to the link provided. My cover is listed as Dowco 50004-02A Size G125. It is not listed for the FJR stock. You have to size up because of the topcase and windshield. it is listed for full dressed cruisers and smaller tourers. The EZ is also located on this page under bike covers at the bottom and is the same premium cover with the rear zipper. Anything else just ask. Mike

00040) $58.95 Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Plus Cover XL #5000402 Mfg.#: 5000402B

Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Plus EZ Zip Covers

Make installation easy. The Guardian EZ Zip motorcycle cover is made from premium, heavy duty polyester fabric and includes a zipper at the rear of the cover to make installation and removal fast and convenient. Easy interior bike access adds convenience by eliminating the need to remove the entire cover. Rust proof zipper for durability. Made from heavy duty waterproof polyester fabric with double stitched, heat taped seams, each cover also features Dowco's ClimaShield® Plus fabric protection system for exceptional water repellency and their special Color-Lok® protection offers superior fade resistance. Moisture Guard Vent System provides ventilation to help control moisture under the cover and aluminized heat shield panels allow cover to be placed onto hot pipes and motor components. Strorage bag included.

Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Plus EZ Zip Covers

Order # Price........ Description......

(64280) $69.95 Dowco Guardian EZ Cover XL Mfg.#: 5002000

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

As an aside, I just picked up a cover from the friendly neighborhood Wally Mart for $19.95. Great for dust in the garage or in the parking lot at work. Get the XL.

Bill

I got the $40 Nelson Rigg UV 1/2 cover in XL. Covers my CB +4+3, my V46, and the sidebags! I've only used it a few times, but really like it. COvers the important stuff and folds up pretty small.

Nelson Riggs full cover xxl. Fits the FJR kinda loose around the top but snugs under the tires. Also fits the FLHTCU which mattered to me. Once the Givi E52 is in place the cover will fit mo better on the fjr.

Got the XL cover today. Fits well with the cinch strap being a nice touch. A lot of material goes into the making of this cover so expect to give up about half a saddlebag for it, but I'm looking for a good tailbag for it to conserve my waterproof storage.

Got the XL cover today. Fits well with the cinch strap being a nice touch. A lot of material goes into the making of this cover so expect to give up about half a saddlebag for it, but I'm looking for a good tailbag for it to conserve my waterproof storage.
I spent too much, but then I got some benefit too.

I got the Geza Gear Large.

Geza sizing

product

It is a stretch fabric that is water proof, and it has some cool ultraviolet stuff on it. With it's stretch, it can fit neatly with any configuration with side cases, topcase, or without.

Pic from a recent trip. It stuffs into a bag that takes 1/3 of the space in my tank bag (pretty big tank bag) With topcase on

DSC04154.jpg

I also have a larger screen (+4)

What I like about it is that it is easy on, easy off, packs in small space, doesn't blow around since it is snug.

Get a rack for your topcase. I tie mine up there. Fits almost perfect and have had no problems when traveling.

Get a rack for your topcase. I tie mine up there. Fits almost perfect and have had no problems when traveling.
Good idea, will do. Thanks again for the info on the Guardian cover, it covers the bike well and keeps prying eyes off of it!