What size rifle screen suits you

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymond

Reaction score
Guys, my first question on this site, so hope I dont get flamed here but I've used the search function and read just about everything there is on screens, cant remember it all though. So, without going down the " Not another windscreen thread again", I've decided on a rifle screen, but before I commit I really need to get the size correct as the freight is so damn expensive on top. Those of you who do have one, what size did you get or wished you got, for that quiet ride. Any help/advise really appreciated.....

I had the tallest standard rifle fairing and with a Russell seat it was just barely perfect. The shield was just barely too short after I added a Penske shock from Traxxion Dynamics that raised the rear of the bike . I had them make a custom shield with an additional 2 inches (+6 inches) and found it perfect.

Summary: 6 foot tall, 32 inch inseam, Russell seat, Bike raised in the rear by a Penske shock=6+

Rifle is perfect for me. The shield can be raised to the max and then I look thru it. Most of the time on the interstate it is raised an inch less than max and I look over it. At speeds less than 65 mph I lower it 2 inches from max. This is a big shield and the air pocket is very quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently have the Vstream for the Gen II bikes. I'm 5'-11" also. I'm going to cut it down 2" and narrow it 1" on the top sides. I find that I never use the shield in the fully raised position.

By the way whatever shield you choose, I recommend spacing the lower bolts 1/4" to tilt the screen back about 1-1/2".