What size screen should I look at?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
I'm 5'4 with a 30" inseam, and my wife is an inch taller with the same inseam. We ride two-up a lot, and the stock 03 screen keeps the wind off of me very well, but she still gets a good amount of wind noise. So what should I look at?

If possible, I'd prefer NOT to have to look through the screen when it's all the way up. Any ideas?

Alexi

I used both the Calsi & Rifle sizing charts, both agreed for me 5-10, w/32" inseam. With the Rifle tuning blocks, the shield is more upright all the time. My +3 taller goes about 4" taller than the stock Yama, great for cold weather. At 1/2 up, I'm just barely looking over the top.

I had a CEBailey on my BMW 1150RT, at full up the screen amplfied the motor noise/drone, it was terrible.

Installed a "Rifle" screen a few months ago. What a difference. These folks are great to work with. Just send them an e-mail with what your needs are. You'll be happy with the screen, if you go that route. Almost completly did away with the back preassure and noise down to nothing.

Cheeers :D