What to do with old helmets ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Friends, what have you guys been doing with your old helmets that you no longer use because of them being out of date or you

just don't like them-because you have found a better model ? Besides setting up a helmet display in your shop,office or garage. Thanks for your idea's. Sliick

Donate it to local ambulance/paramedics or fire department for emergency training.

Or....

Helmet%20planter%5B3%5D.jpg

(The Patriot)

Helmet%20loudspeaker%5B3%5D.jpg

helmet%20nest%5B3%5D.jpg

helmet%20blizzard%5B3%5D.jpg

itxhelmet0015L.jpg

itxhelmet0018L.jpg

itxhelmet0019L.jpg

Just to demonstrate how tough the outer shell really is, try taking a 14lb. hammer to the top it. How many blows will it take before the hammer caves it in?

Then try selling it at a garage sale.
:p
Seriously,

Don't Ever Pick Up A Used Helmet at a Garage Sale.

You have no idea the history of the thing.

OR....you could wear your 4 year old helmet on your dual sport and actually try it out to see if it really really works:

CrashHelmet007.jpg

I wonder how much I could get for this helmet at a garage sale? :rolleyes:

That damage will buff right out and b=it'll be good as new! :p

OR....you could wear your 4 year old helmet on your dual sport and actually try it out to see if it really really works:
CrashHelmet007.jpg

I wonder how much I could get for this helmet at a garage sale? :rolleyes:

That damage will buff right out and b=it'll be good as new! :p

Maybe you could trade it to Kramer for a Fuzz Buster?

I was looking for my timing light in the garage this afternoon and came across two old helmets I had forgotten about. They both went into the trash. Never did find the timing light. :huh:

I was looking for my timing light in the garage this afternoon and came across two old helmets I had forgotten about. They both went into the trash. Never did find the timing light. :huh:

I bet you'll forget you threw them out, go looking for them, and still not find the timing light...happens to me all the time.

Too many birthdays...bigjimbiker :blink: