What windshield do you use?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpevita

Reaction score
Well, I've purchased a new 2009 AE and plan on having a lot of questions down the road.. First one is about the windshield. Coming off an ST, I'm used to a much bigger windshield. I'm looking to replace the stock. Wondering what others use. I sit pretty tall at 6'4" with the seat on the high setting. Looking for a Tall windshield. Thanks for any input.. Dan

Stock...all the way down.
"How do I make my new FJR seem more like my old VTX?"
Take two plugs out of the FJR?
tongue.gif

I was in a similar place. I'm 6'3" and the stock was not cutting it, created a lot of turbulence on the top of my helmet which induced a droning headache. I bought a GIVI which is about 1.5" taller and supposedly much better. Honestly, I can barely tell the difference. If you want to make a difference for a tall rider, get one of the high (4+") increases.

Good luck...

For those of you with the improved aftermarket windshields, do the reduce the bugs that end up on your face shield?

It seems to me that the stock FJR shield directs the small bugs right to the faceshield! I've never had so many bugs on the faceshield as I have with the FJR. Mostly just small ones, so I'm guessing that the bigger bugs don't get directed upward like the little ones do.

Ken

For those of you with the improved aftermarket windshields, do the reduce the bugs that end up on your face shield?

It seems to me that the stock FJR shield directs the small bugs right to the faceshield! I've never had so many bugs on the faceshield as I have with the FJR. Mostly just small ones, so I'm guessing that the bigger bugs don't get directed upward like the little ones do.

Ken
I use the Dark Tinted Cee Bailey's 21"(I think they consider it their 19" screen however based on where they measure it...double check that before you order one to be sure your getting the correct height that you want) +2" wide screen. It's very nice, much thicker & better quality than stock, wider as well. I personally didn't want to go any taller than this.

https://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/fjr1300sel.html

Your question is hard to answer because it depends on how tall your upper body is and at what height you raise your windscreen up to.

I'm 5'-10" tall and with my shield 3/4 of the way up I get NO BUGS on my face mask. With the shield 1/2 way up or lower they hit my facemask from my nose up.