Wheel Bearings Complete Set

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spalkin

Reaction score
Came by these, a full set of wheel bearings for FJR, very inexpensive. I've always been under the impression you get what you pay for. I should email the guy and ask who the manufacturer is. I will. If anyone out there has seen and or tried these or has any first opinions, fire away.

clicky

Came by these, a full set of wheel bearings for FJR, very inexpensive. I've always been under the impression you get what you pay for. I should email the guy and ask who the manufacturer is. I will. If anyone out there has seen and or tried these or has any first opinions, fire away.
clicky
From that link:

You are looking at a Complete wheel bearing kit for years 2003-2004 Yamaha FJR1300.

This kit comes with 4 brand new, high quality double sealed bearings that are pre-lubed with waterproof grease. 2 bearings for the front wheel, 2 bearings for the rear wheel.

I would avoid these bearings, personally.

Not just because they are likely to be those cheap-ass Chinese bearings that don't last for shit, but also the fact that the FJR rear wheel takes three bearings, not two.

My thoughts, also. I'll know more if the guy lets me know the manufacturer name. The picture, I figured was only some sort of stock photo not actually depicting the real parts. Anyhow, as cheap as I am, I'm equally as quality concious. For as rarely we have to perform this job, the few extra bucks for the genuine parts isn't just money well spent, it's peice of mind, too.

<snip>....as cheap as I am, I'm equally as quality conscious. For as rarely we have to perform this job, the few extra bucks for the genuine parts isn't just money well spent, it's piece of mind, too.
So true.....not that all aftermarket parts aren't good (some may be better?) -- but, OEM are usually the standard. Several years ago, a friend had the top-end of his high mileage m/c engine rebuilt at one of that brand's local dealerships. Someone..??, recco'd he put in some fancy aftermarket valves -- not long after, while traveling at a good clip down the Interstate, the head of one of those (fancy) valves came off. He then had to have the whole engine rebuilt. :blink: :(

This time w/OEM valves.....