Wheel cross-ref?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanw

Reaction score
I'd like to acquire a second set of wheels for my '04 ABS; was wondering if the Gen-II wheels are the same as teh Gen-I ABS wheels.

OCFJR thinks it's in a FAQ somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Anyone?

Damn! I had one of those Gen II's in my hands a few days ago. I'd tend to think they're the same.....

Using the link in the FAQ, the rotors are all the same size after '03, ('04-9), so I'm thinking the spacing is the same. Just color changes between years. My bet is any ABS wheels from '04 to '09 will interchange. IIRC, someone loaned their Gen II wheels to a Gen I owner during the '07 IBR. I'll ping on that list and see if I get a response.

'04 ABS to '07 wheels have the same part numbers.
Does that include all the parts in the assembly?
The oil seal on the ABS sensor side appears to be different. (Haven't verified the p/ns)

Spacers are different between abs and non-abs, but I know riders that have run ABS wheels on non-ABS bikes with only spacer changes, (within the same Gen, '05 wheel on '04 bike).

Does anyone have a definitive yes or no answer on this question? A forum member with an 07 has had a possible front wheel bearing failure on the way home from CFO. I'm willing to loan him the spare wheel for my 04 ABS if it will fit without screwing up his bike or my wheel. Intuitively I'd agree they should be interchangeable but just wondering if anyone knows for sure. TIA!