Wheel weights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WheelweightsRus huh? Ha, you made me look.

I'll check around, maybe the Sears auto center. Surely they must be somewhere. Maybe even the motorcycle dealer, hey, there ya go.

Just put my new Avons on.

I'm too anal to use ordinary weights, so I paid a Yamaha dealer and got a collection of weights of the type used by the factory, which attached to the center of the wheel. I keep them in a can, ready for use and/or exchange. They are re-usable if you are carefull.

They're available from a few places mail-order, but not super common. If you can get a few from your local dealer to get started, you won't need a constant supply as they're completely reusable.

- Mark

Thanks guys. I think I'd like to stick with the type that are used from the factory so that's what I'll do. I'll head on down to the Yammy dealer. I reused the ones that were there but I could use a few more. You guys are on it.

Thanks guys. I think I'd like to stick with the type that are used from the factory so that's what I'll do. I'll head on down to the Yammy dealer. I reused the ones that were there but I could use a few more. You guys are on it.
I got mind mounted and balanced at my local dealer and he didn't use the factory type. He used the stick on kind :huh: :angry:

I ordered mine when I ordered my tires (SWM). I also bought some with my NOMAR changer.

Smitty?

I also just got the nomar changer. Some stick on ones come with it. I just wanted to use the OEM clip on type but I may end up using the stick on ones. I guess they are OK.

Yammy dealer didn't have any. No one seems to stock anything these days. They didn't have the Iridium plugs, neither did Cycle Gear. Seems like you have to order everything, oh well. I think I'll go for a ride with my slightly unbalanced rear (wheel).

Last edited by a moderator:
you can get a bigass box of them from JC Whitney. Split a box with your friends.

Standard Stick-On Weights

Racing Style Stick-On Weights

10008413.gif

I bought a bunch of stick-ons from Marc Parnes when I bought his balancer. I also continue to re-use the clip-ons that came installed on the wheels from the factory. I do prefer these, so I bought several extra of each weight from Gary McCoy. If you go to the Yammie website's part's catalog, yes, you will find that the three different sizes of clip on weights each have their own part number. IIRC, they were a buck or two for each weight from Gary. A little pricey, but since they are re-usable, they are cost effective in the long run. So I use them when I can, and fine tune with the sticky-weights. BTW, I have never had a sticky-weight fall off or drift. Once on, they stay there.

I change a lot of tires for myself and others. I bought a large box for around $36.00. I think there is around 12lbs of weight there. I think it my be overkill, but I paint some black(to match black wheels), silver(silver wheels), you get the idea.. I like the stick on alot better than the stock ones... the simple fact every time you remove or install a factory weight you scratch the crap out of your wheels. They remove fairly easy, and you can clean off the double stick tape with mineral spirits. You want to buy the wide and thin "racing weights" I think the ones in JC Witney would be fine, ans cheaper. Just unsure of there tape strength. I know the ones I bought from nomar won't fly off...

You can buy them here...

tire weights under accessories.

ma9f1c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: