Where can I buy longer Engine Mount Bolts?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesK

Got to ride
Reaction score
I tried searching the forum, and sifted through numerous frame slider threads. Based on my searches I believe the OEM style engine bolts (for attaching the frame sliders) are M12 X 1.25 thread pitch bolts.

I have the MC Enterprises Canyon Cages installed and want to add a set of frame sliders I have had modified (to enable the included aluminum spacers to fit into the bolt head hole in the canyon cages). My problem is that I need to get longer bolts, going from the 110mm lengths to 150mm length.

I have tried searching the web but have not found any place I can buy a set of M12 X 1.25 thread pitch X150mm bolts.

Would anyone on the forum be able to help confirm the required pitch and point me to a place where I can buy these bolts?

Thank you.

The pics below show what I am trying to do:

FJR%20GenII%20with%20Frame%20Sliders%20and%20MC%20Canyon%20Cages.jpg

FJR%20GenII%20with%20Frame%20Sliders%20and%20MC%20Canyon%20Cages1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for your input and suggestions, it seems that M12 x 150mm 1.25 pitch hex socket cap bolts are quite rare. Thanks to your various input I was able to perform more precise searches and managed to find them on eBay UK. Pretty pricey at 14 GBP for two bolts, plus 16GBP shipping, but little other options that I could find...

​M12 x 1.25 fine pitch 12:9 DIN912 socket cap head bolts Bright zinc plated R3C

https://r.ebay.com/fnKmhv

Pricey? $40 bucks for 2 bolts? That's got to be some kind of record, man!!!

I've bought bolts large enough to secure an oil rig to a platform (trust me, you could only hold one in your hands) for less than that.

Geez....

Oh well - what are ya gonna do. If you can't find them, then I guess it's supply and demand......

FWIW the cheapest P&P I can find is using USPS (from the UK to the USA) at ~ £10.00.

I would be happy to pursue this if it would help.............

I buy them at AllensFasteners.com for $3.78 ea. plus shipping for the CC sliders.
I wish I could get them for under $4, unfortunately, based on my extensive search of all the companies & links you guys provided, as well as a few others found through Google searches this was the only source that had them in individual/small quantities. For example, the Metric-threaded.com also has these specific bolts (or close enough, 140mm longest) but their minimum quantity order is 150 units.

Also, since I'm in Japan, for me there would still be additional shipping costs involved even if I found these bolts in the US.

M12x150mmx1.25%20pitch%20thread%20bolt-693204446_o.jpg
]

If you didnt already call Pacific Fasteners, I would be happy to call them and see what they have. I have purchased small numbers of items from them at their counter sales.

-Steve