Where Does Scorpio Alarm OEM Connector go?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueJet

Reaction score
Sorry everyone if this has been covered and if its so simple my dog could do it....

I got the Scorpio alarm and ordered the OEM connector for my '05 FJR. At first glance I haven't found where the OEM connector attaches to the existing wiring. Can someone help? I seem to remember reading that there was a connector near the tail light but I couldn't find this when searching the topic again.

By the way, I use the Scorpio on my other bike and love it. I was at a hotel recently with the bike trailered. We walked down the road to a restaurant at least 200 yards away and still had a strong signal on the remote. So I've got the OEM connector for that bike too, but haven't rigged up my FJR yet.

Anyhelp would be appreciated... :unsure:

BlueJet

my first post

The connector is buried under the left side panel towards the back. It's been a couple years, but IIRC I had to take off the left side panel and the rear tail light surround (luggage rack as well) to get to the connector. It was tied under the rear frame rail with one of the black reusable plastic ties. Take a flash light and poke around first...You'll see it. If you start mid bike on the left side, you can trace the tail light wire bundle as it runs rearward... Good luck !

--G