Where to buy: high strength drill bits

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
Not looking for the colored crap labeled as "titanium" at so many stores. I want truly solid, high strength drill bits for work on metal.

Ideas?

Well, to drill out the ignition thingy, I used the colored crap. Worked ok. Except for the drilling straight part. Don't drink and drill.

Harbor Freight offers a full set (fractions, letter and number drills) made in cobalt. These can take the heat; $100 (if you can catch them on sale).

Harbor Freight offers a full set (fractions, letter and number drills) made in cobalt. These can take the heat; $100 (if you can catch them on sale).
115 Piece High Speed Drill Bit Set with Index

The ultimate drill bit set!

* 115 industrial quality fractional, lettered, and numbered bits in a heavy duty steel index

* M2 high speed steel

* Black industrial finish

Sizes: 29 fractional sizes 1/16'' to 1/2''; 26 letter sizes A to Z; 60 numbered wire gauge sizes 1 to 60

Net weight: 9.5 lbs.

$100 on pg5, ends the 25th and more help here.

More ways to spend money.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I cheaped out. Downloaded the coupon linked to in this thread, went to Harbor Freight and bought the Cobalt 29 piece set.

But, now I have bits for this little job. I already have the spring loaded center punch, so hopefully this will be a smooth operation. :)

When I buy high end precision drill bits I always buy Norseman split point drill bits. Not cheap but the best quality I've found for the money.