Where to buy PHID's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayou Boy

Reaction score
So with the leakage problems of the Solteks it looks like the Phillips HIDs are the HIDs for me.

Now where can I buy a set?

A google only pulls up retrofit kits and not the actual driving lights.

Trail Tech has some in housing ballast up to 30 watts and BLM Acc. also has some. these are nice look in housing ballasted phid's. Worth a look and priced right too.

BLM accessories is the only supplier I am aware of.

PHIDs are great, but are pricey. And even a simple 0 mph tip over may damage them. Other than the standard bulb, there are no replacement parts available, you have to buy a whole new $$$$ set. Don't ask me how I know this.

As much as I like my PHIDs, if I had to do it all over again, I think I would go with the Hela FF200s like Iggy has. Plusses and minusses vs. the PHIDs.

Still, looks like the Soltek issues may be working themselves out, so I think there is a good chance they will still be 'da bomb'.

BLM accessories is the only supplier I am aware of.
PHIDs are great, but are pricey.

I just got an email back from Catfish at Farklemasters.com after inquiring about the lights on his site.

Not yet.We recently reacquired the rights to these lights and have 10 pairs that should be here any day.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

Catfish

www.FarkleMasters.com
They are priced at $599 on his website.

The Hellas are running $720+

And the Solteks are close to $800 for the pair.

So the Solteks are 30% more expensive.

I don't know now.

I'm going to get in touch with Baja Designs and find out the status of fixed Solteks.

Another issue I just thought of.

I have an 06 FJR with no room up from for the ballasts.

I'm pretty much stuck with the PHIDs that can have the ballast extended or the Solteks with the enclosed ballast.

Ahhh. The things we do to travel 24 hours a day.

Trail Tech has some in housing ballast up to 30 watts and BLM Acc. also has some. these are nice look in housing ballasted phid's. Worth a look and priced right too.
I didn't know Trail Tech had 4" self contained HID's. They have them in a 30 watt and a 40 watt version. I know the smaller HID's were evaluated and found lacking in light output, but I'm thinking these 4" lights may be worth looking at. Has anyone tried these? https://trailtech.net/single_hid_sc4.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know Trail Tech had 4" self contained HID's. They have them in a 30 watt and a 40 watt version. I know the smaller HID's were evaluated and found lacking in light output, but I'm thinking these 4" lights may be worth looking at. Has anyone tried these? https://trailtech.net/single_hid_sc4.html
And the price is right at $200-225 a piece.