Where to buy Zumo in PNW?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollOn1

Reaction score
I am looking to add a Zumo 550 to my 2008A. I have seen several advertised on the internet, some as low as $600, but was hoping to give some business to a local dealer in these difficult times. I live in the Portland, Or area, but am always willing to go for a ride :yahoo: :yahoo:!!!

Thanks in advance......

If you want to download planned routes from Google maps to your GPS, consider a Tomtom instead. This program called Tyre (Trace Your Route Everywhere) is the bomb and it's free. I have a Tomtom Go 720 which was over $500 a year ago and now you can buy refurbished from radioshack.com for $149.

I know that it's not a "motorcycle" GPS, but it is cycle friendly and does everything needed, works well with gloves, has a larger screen, for a lot less $$. Yes, you need to put it away in the rain.

If you want to download planned routes from Google maps to your GPS, consider a Tomtom instead. This program called Tyre (Trace Your Route Everywhere) is the bomb and it's free. I have a Tomtom Go 720 which was over $500 a year ago and now you can buy refurbished from radioshack.com for $149.
I know that it's not a "motorcycle" GPS, but it is cycle friendly and does everything needed, works well with gloves, has a larger screen, for a lot less $$. Yes, you need to put it away in the rain.

How did you mount this on your bike and does it have a 12v power hook up? The web site I looked at spoke of battery life but I assume it has a cig lighter type plug in?

How did you mount this on your bike and does it have a 12v power hook up? The web site I looked at spoke of battery life but I assume it has a cig lighter type plug in?
It comes with everything you need if you want a bar mount. The power cable is intended to be wired directly to the electrical system (use a switched power source so you won't forget to turn it off and disconer that your battery is dead).

Mine is on a stem nut mount from "he who shall not be mentioned".

Here is how I mounted my Garmin Nuvi. I am getting ready to swap it for the Tomtom Go 720 which supports route downloads through TYRE.

garmingpsfront.jpg

garmingpsback.jpg

garmingpsplug.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy ( Lynwood ) had the 450 for $350.00 a couple weeks ago , in store only. They have the rider 2 by Tom-Tom for I think it was $350.00 as a closeout, I don't know what stores you can get it at. Most people I think are sticking with the 550 's but you might see some used here if they go to the new model ( not really better, just different features IMO)