Where to even ask?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayban

Grouchy old fat guy
Reaction score
After seeing the shelacking poor Breadman got, I hesitate to ask, but here goes...

Where is the prefered forum for asking about what shops out there offer OEM body parts at discount prices enough to be worth the $ that gets added on for shipping?

thanks in advance, and feel free to "move" this thread there and just PM me the answer. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Umotors.

I just called yesterday to get the price on extra set of rims just to have fresh tires mounted. I hate taking both wheels off and leaving the bike in the air while I have the wheels with me in the truck to get the tires mounted. Plus I will be able to give the rims a polish as seen in other threads.

Local Dealer $1140.00

Front Rim $428.19

Rear Rim $473.97

Bearing and Seal $ 237.84

Umotors $645.86ish

Front Rim $269.04

Rear Rim $296.82

Bearing and Seal $80.00ish

Umotors = $500.00 is savings

Geez John,

Make or buy yourself a set of stands :unsure: I suspended Edith for two months without any adverse effects while I decided what I wuz gonna do about tires :)

:jester:

An you know about the B&D forum how??

Ya'd better heal up soon or Mrs. Scab may get wise to yer perverse activity's :blush:

After seeing the shelacking poor Breadman got, I hesitate to ask, but here goes...
Where is the prefered forum for asking about what shops out there offer OEM body parts at discount prices enough to be worth the $ that gets added on for shipping?

thanks in advance, and feel free to "move" this thread there and just PM me the answer. Thanks.
Uhh, RayBan, got anything you'ld like to tell the group? :unsure:

doubt he'll own up to being rude and not replying to my offer to buy stuff he was selling...

but, not everybody has manners like the rest of you...

just my experience...

Geez John, Make or buy yourself a set of stands :unsure: I suspended Edith for two months without any adverse effects while I decided what I wuz gonna do about tires :)

I think there is something seriously wrong with having an FJR off the road that long. Oh yeah, some people have Winter coming :blink:

Geez John, Make or buy yourself a set of stands :unsure: I suspended Edith for two months without any adverse effects while I decided what I wuz gonna do about tires :)

I think there is something seriously wrong with having an FJR off the road that long. Oh yeah, some people have Winter coming :blink:
Exactly why I recently turned down a great job in the great white north, eh?

Uhh, RayBan, got anything you'ld like to tell the group?

Naw, he's just stocking up on spare FJR body panels, in case their value increases. Investing, yeah, that must be it! :D

Yeah, I'm sick of looking at my totally scuffed up bodywork, results of both last year's move in the back of the moving truck (had some stuff get loose) and misjudging the sidebag clearance next to a concrete planter outside a Circuit City last year. That's why I show up to group rides sans sidebags, I'm ashamed of them.

In short, I'm sick of dealing with paint shops that want to charge me $4k (that's with me taking off all the bodywork for them) when I can literally buy all new bodywork for that price (I bullheadedly priced it out one weekend).

So, I'm going to take the Johnny Cash route and convert my 06 to an 07 cherry color "one piece at a time", to a degree...

doubt he'll own up to being rude and not replying to my offer to buy stuff he was selling...

but, not everybody has manners like the rest of you...

just my experience...
Up until now, I've avoided dignifying your public cracks and airing of a personal matter, but since you insist on continuing...

My ad stated that if no serious offer was made in a short period, I would just ebay the items listed. You offered $40 for a $250 phone under the rationalization that you'd bought a bad one in the past. Not my problem. I didn't accept your offer and sold said phone for $130 on ebay. Live with it and move on, or at least buy a box of tissue, but enough of the whining a month after the fact, okay? It's called "move on and put it behind."