Where to find sturdy light brackets for the Gen1?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
So I added a some aux lights to the FJR here - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/152969-let-there-be-light/

Everything is good, except the brackets. I ordered a set of Garaulds brackets, and while they are nice, they just vibrate too much with my lighting setup. I've done a lot of searching through the forum and see a lot of references to brackets like top gun etc, but they seem to be non existent anymore. Can anyone point me to where I can find a set of sturdier brackets?

The ones that you are looking for are no longer being made. They came from FJR Goodies. Similar to Garaulds with the addition of a little support arm. If you can find someone willing to make them, I'd loan mine out as a template.

Canadian FJR

Justin - if they are not working out to your satisfaction, send them back for a refund.
smile.png

Justin, One thing to consider that may help is to move the lights closer to the bike. (Drill another hole) That will reduce the bending load quickly. And should reduce deflection you see from vibration.

I have a set of Hella FF50 on Garauld brackets and they're fine. I also have a set of the ADVmonster lights on my forks. I tossed the brackets that came with the ADVmonster lights. They are flimsy. I made my own out of .080 thick aluminum. Much better. If you're seeing light movement on your setup, some of it may be it may be from the ADVmonster brackets as well.

Another possibility would be to move one pair to somewhere else and keep one pair on the Garauld brackets.

Justin - if they are not working out to your satisfaction, send them back for a refund.
smile.png
That's a nice offer, but you took the time to make them, so no reason you should eat the cost because they did not work for me. Not knocking your product, it's just not the right bracket for my lights. I'll pay them forward when I find a set that works better for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got lucky and got a hand me down set of the old Bill McCavan brackets. They are made of steel and have an extra mounting tab. No more vibrating lights.

Thanks. Looks like the only option for new brackets is Garauld. I think I'll send him a PM when I'm ready to add more lights.

Thanks. Looks like the only option for new brackets is Garauld. I think I'll send him a PM when I'm ready to add more lights.
Maybe you can ask him to use some thicker stock? That might help.
I'll definitely bring it up when the time comes. My wallet is telling me to slow down on the farkles until Christmas.

Maybe you don't have to drill a hole. Cut a piece of coat hanger to about 3 inches long. Grab a blow torch, Solder it to the rear edge of your bracket on a 45 degree angle. Repaint and remount. Vibration problem cured.

Gary

darksider #44

Maybe you don't have to drill a hole. Cut a piece of coat hanger to about 3 inches long. Grab a blow torch, Solder it to the rear edge of your bracket on a 45 degree angle. Repaint and remount. Vibration problem cured.
Gary

darksider #44
I've already swapped mine out, but this may work for others. Not sure a coathanger would be stiff enough to stop the vibes though.

Latest posts