Where to get bungie buddies?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogambo

Reaction score
I had a set of these on my old bike and I need a set for the new bike. Son-of-a-gun, I can't remember where I got those rascals. I must be getting old. I did a seach, to no avail. I must really be getting old. :dribble:

O.K. give me a hint.

Try a variation on the spelling via Google and you get this list with lots of suppliers.

Haven't installed mine yet, but going to put them into a Pelican box I'm to be adding to the tail in the very near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean these-

1939.jpg

go here-

https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Bungie...os-p-16206.html

NYPete

Has anyone actually put a set of these on their bike? Did you put them on the saddlebags? How'd you do it with the double walls of the bags? Enquiring minds want to know.......

Woody

Has anyone actually put a set of these on their bike? Did you put them on the saddlebags? How'd you do it with the double walls of the bags? Enquiring minds want to know.......

Woody
I put them on the last bike. They work great and look as though they came with the bike. It's true that the screw part is too short to go through the double walls, but at your local hardware store they have a threaded insert that has four "teeth" that dig in when you screw your bungee buddie in. Before screwing your bungee buddie in, do two things.

1. Use blue locktite on the threads, being careful not to get it on the plastic.

2. Use a gasket sealant around the hole prior to screwing in your bungee buddy. This can be obtained at your local Pep Boys, etc. This provides a water tight seal where you have drilled the bungee holes.

Easy-peasy....................Jap-aneesy!

The local Lowes had a brass 1/4 x 20 T-nut in the misc (bed parts) area of their hardware section. It has an allen hex built into the wide part that's located inside the bag.

jim