where to order smartire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palerider

Reaction score
Hi,

Had the rear BS lose pressure in the diamond land of the 405 yesterday. Fortunately it was quick but not a blowout, and I managed to squirrel my way across the (it seemed like) 17 lanes of traffic to the shoulder, then rode it flat off the next exit. Used a can of air/sealant to get home.

I want to add a SmarTire setup, but I googled and can't find anybody who sells it in the US. Anybody got a link?

I ordered mine from MarthiServices. They are located in Quebec, Canada.

Very good service.

I usually spoke with Mario

www.marthiservices.com

Tel (819) 578-2002

They also have the Viper Alarm

FYI, I needed a new set of the bands that go in the wheels to mount the sending units. They had been cut to size on my previous bike and then were too small for the FJR wheels. I was directed to Bob Dickman Tire Center (a Les Schwab dealer) in Junction City OR for replacement parts. I had two new bands and new rim labels the next day after ordering them. They may be able to get complete sets. LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, got a duplicate reply posted. So I'll add one more thing. I'd originally purchased mine from Donahue Harley-Davidson. Brett Donahue, the owner, is an Iron Butt Rally veteran. I'm not sure they can still get them, but a quick call to his parts department could tell you. LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
I just installed a smart tire on my 08 and what I learned is that the unit is not being offered from the manf. anymore and will be hard to find. There are others but their sending device connects to the valve stem area and I did not like that idea, I thought there was too much to go wrong. I suggest you have your dealer do a search and find a wholesaler who still has them in stock. I have not had too much experience with mine as I've only got 1200 miles on the bike but so far so good. Good luck. Ride safe