Which CB screen do I have?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RinconVTR

Reaction score
Which CB screen do I have, and whats it worth in great (used) condition?

DSC06991.jpg

It's a big'n and definitely has a flip. Post up the dimensions and we can get a little closer. CB's are a quality shield and generally command decent used pricing... probably on the order of 50% - 75% of new. But someone's got to want THAT specific one and it's only worth what they will pay for it.

Good luck.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think I understand it now. At least measurements I take vs CB's web site.

The screen pictured measures 24-1/2 tall x 19 wide (or 18 at the center per CB examples) and over a white background it has a light tint. I thought it was clear until I placed up to w white wall. I guess this is their "light gray".

For the height, it sounds like 4" over stock would put it at around 23". Yet mine is over 24". So would that would make it a +6??? Wow.

Thanks for helping me work this out and the feedback for possibly selling it.

EDIT: Looking at more pics of the +4 w/flip...I'm not so sure I have a +6 version. Its very hard to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
RinconVTR said:
Well, I think I understand it now. At least measurements I take vs CB's web site.
The screen pictured measures 24-1/2 tall x 19 wide (or 18 at the center per CB examples) and over a white background it has a light tint. I thought it was clear until I placed up to w white wall. I guess this is their "light gray".

For the height, it sounds like 4" over stock would put it at around 23". Yet mine is over 24". So would that would make it a +6??? Wow.

Thanks for helping me work this out and the feedback for possibly selling it.

EDIT: Looking at more pics of the +4 w/flip...I'm not so sure I have a +6 version. Its very hard to tell.
A friend and engineer did a very long and lengthy proofing out that CB shields are misleading in height because of the flip. I don't remember all the specifics only the way the flip hits the sight line when sitting on the bike. Halfhiemers is hell!

I rode with a #2 -6 on the LT. I am 5' 11" and when full up I could get out of wind and rain, and a few times snow with it. Most others were running -4 and -2. I hate looking through a screen unless I am in rain, and then most times will lower it enough that the wind air dries my shield then up and repeat as needed. Most times the screen is well below my sight line and kicking clean air over my helmet. At least it did on the LT and I will need to strive for on the FJR.

I would say you have a -4 also.

As to price well what the market will allow. On flea bay you can get them for 80 or 90 bucks new.

I want one but need to wait until I get a new seat then see what I need. I may buy it as my "winter" shield as I ride year round, so it may be a +2 or +4 in width and who knows height. I loved them on my LT and they work, as long as you get the right size for you.